Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57907

Hi Guys!

Just learned about Tamiyas Re Re of the Renault 5 Turbo. I was able to pre order and it should be here around Feb.

Still on an M-05ra chassis.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57908

A legend is back.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57909

Right? I would much rather have the original of course but the body is the big motivator for me.

Missed out last time round. Looking forward to it.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57910

Yes, but it angers me to see there's no respect for true specs anymore. Tamiya knew better back in -81 when they released the car on the "Golf" chassi. This car is not supposed to be on the M-05 chassi, the Renault 5 Turbo is a rear wheel drive.

Look: Renault 5 Turbo wiki

"Though it used a modified body from a standard Renault 5, and was badged a Renault 5, the mechanicals were radically different, the most obvious difference being rear-wheel drive and rear-mid-engined instead of the normal version's front-wheel drive and front-mounted engine."

I mean, why not simply use a M-06 chassi? Or if possible the M-04?
Who decides what model is released, and with what chassi? Anyone with just a little interest in cars and rally history knows any basic specifications about most classic cars. Who is Tamiya trying to fool? These aren't toys! This is serious stuff! .. at least for me it is.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57911

Mr tam legend says that they have every model they did in 1:1 scale. The r5t have a rear centered turbo motor with rear wheeles drive. The r5rurbo had hood and doors in aloy and the turbo 2 full steal panels. But the body is still very attractive.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57913

Very true Uncle Tom, I was very surprised to see that they made the RC FWD when the true vehicle was RWD. I agree the M06 would have been a better choice for sure.

Love the body anyhow but it looks like it will take quite a bit of time to complete.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57914

Yes, but it angers me to see there's no respect for true specs anymore. Tamiya knew better back in -81 when they released the car on the "Golf" chassi. This car is not supposed to be on the M-05 chassi, the Renault 5 Turbo is a rear wheel drive.

Look: Renault 5 Turbo wiki

"Though it used a modified body from a standard Renault 5, and was badged a Renault 5, the mechanicals were radically different, the most obvious difference being rear-wheel drive and rear-mid-engined instead of the normal version's front-wheel drive and front-mounted engine."

I mean, why not simply use a M-06 chassi? Or if possible the M-04?
Who decides what model is released, and with what chassi? Anyone with just a little interest in cars and rally history knows any basic specifications about most classic cars. Who is Tamiya trying to fool? These aren't toys! This is serious stuff! .. at least for me it is.

You say tamiya knew better back then, but they still put the golf on a rwd chassis!
I know they didnt have a fwd chassis back then, but they still did it.
I dont think they have ever been too bothered about that kind of thing.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57915

;) good, you are aware that Golf is usually front wheel driven - usually. Depending on what class / group the car is in, various modifications are allowed to engines, gearboxes and transmissions, so that a usually FWD car may in fact become an AWD. Though the Golf MK1 group 2 still is FWD.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57916

Here's another one the Miata ND

"The Tamiya R/C model faithfully captures the fun and maneuverability of the real life subject as it comes on the proven M-05 M-chassis platform..."

The M-05 is FWD, the real life subject is famous for being so fun to drive because it's a RWD.

Anyway the Renault body is fantastic. Of a time when car brands could be distinguished from a far, I will naturally be buying one or two of them. I've got a few M-series chassis waiting to wear it.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Just put my preorder in for the re re of the 1/12 Renault 5 Turbo 47435 4 years 2 months ago #57917

I think that tamiya try to sell for every people. And a fwd is easier to drive than a rwd for beginners.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.