Keyword

TOPIC:

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #20802

Sorry labsus. I though american racing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #21029

Finished with my Blackfoot runner:

Front to back JG, CRP, and Thorp stuff everywhere :evil:
With the CC SideWinder esc and 3800kv brushless motor...... INSANE!!! Had to install a high torque servo to handle the added power (HK 1501). Great servo for only $12.00! Used a set of traxxas 78mm tie rods for rustler, etc.

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #21033

:y:

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #21143

100% restored.... I so have a new respect for you guys that restore the hard bodies with trim lines and other details. My hand is far from stead enough to do this shelf queen justice. Looks great on photos and from a distance. Kinda like the fat gal across the bar.... She looks great from a distance but when you get close up, you realize that you need more beer!!!

Then a close up of my details.... I thought I was gonna be sick when I did them :sick: . But they are better than a three year old childs first attempt at coloring with crayons :blink:

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #21151

I avoid doing details like that, so :y: for trying :)

It does look like it could use a 2nd coat though, if you can avoid talking to Huey on the big white phone long enough ;)

Was it paint pen or a brush? I bought a POSCA silver pen (made by the Mitsubishi Pencil Co. Ltd, according to the label :blink:) but I haven't tried it yet.

:)

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #21154

Nice details !
I used 3M masking tape to do mine's and it went quite easily :P

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Last edit: by Manotas.

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 11 months ago #21156

Nice Mantoas!... I did mine freehand with paint brushes and testors paint in one of those multi color packs that are cheap. Retro the paint pens are just too difficult to control for me (tested using trash Blackfoot body). What in the end worked for me was a small #4 flat, and 10/0 spotter paint brushes. Just practice a lot more than I did and you should be fine (ie 2-3 hours+)....

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 9 months ago #22652

Found this one for cheap $50.00 USD. Couldn't stand the poor choice of colors that Futaba put on this controller..... So Testors Metallic Blue it is!!!

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 5 months ago #26217

After I found this.... I had to put my Clodbuster and Frog on ice. Maybe some of you could tell me more about this. It looks to be a vintage Sand scorcher with mods?

This is one of the few r/c's that I know very few things about. I have noticed the front arms aren't pot metal. Whats that about? Double shocks? Home made bumper? Wheels? front shocks? Upgrades?

Shawn's Showroom 10 years 4 months ago #26439

Well here it is cleaned up alot... Found some really cool stuff. First the spare "Vintage" gear box that strangely would not accept a motor :huh: .... Found the casting was rough and had never been used! Had to file the flashing off the casting to make it possible to even put a motor in it. This thing has a bunch of RCH stuff on it too. I had to use a Re-re radio box, and will have to purchase a Re-re body kit, and some screws to attach the bumper. So far I am extremely happy with this build. What a gem!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.