Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34486

Sorry for the poor pics guys. When I have some more time I will post better ones. Atleast you can still see most of the collection though. Yes there are some modern ones too, but my real passion is for the vintage stuff.

The hornet and fox are re-releases, the fox has reproduction decals instead of the novafox ones supplied with the kit. I mainly got these so I could have some runners to play with. But all the rest are original vintage.
Most of them have been restored by me, some are still in the process of being restored and others I haven't started yet. As I have to juggle work and family commitments finding the time can be hard to do.
Tamiyas are my favourite (incase you didn't notice, lol) but I also have the Cox bandido which was my first hobby grade rc when I was 8 years old. A kyosho spider ep10 Celica which I bought new about 19 years ago. And a Nichimo Exceed 443 that I recently picked up from a local flea market.

Hope you enjoy the pics, and I would love to hear any feedback or answer any questions.
Thanks, Andy Antsinpants.
Too many! according to my wife.
The following user(s) Liked this: Dam, TommieG, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34487

Fantastic collection!
It looks like my favorites has been placed on the floor :laugh: (and some in the glass cabinet)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34489

Nice! Just like the people on this forum.....a collection of classics :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34495

:woohoo: Awesome !
A nice slash too.

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34499

Hi and welcome, Nice collection :y: You need to get along to a Bunnings DIY motivator on the weekend and get some more shelves happening :cheer:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34500

Yeah some nice display cabinets would be nice, all the ones on the floor are currently stored in a cupboard in the dining room, lol.

Thanks for the welcome too. I am really enjoy the info on this site. Many thanks to those who run this website for their great work.

Last edit: by andy antsinpants. Reason: forgot to say thanks

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34501

:) From where comes the lightbar on the lunchbox roof???

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34502

Well spotted mate! I got it from ebay, a seller here in Australia has them. I also put some bulbs in the headlights which was easy as they already have the buckets built into them. And I made up some mounts for tail lights inside the body.

It is a re release body that I got for fitting the lights into as I couldn't bring myself to drill holes and modify the original body. Check out the mirrors too.

Here are some pics of it.

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34505

Here is a bit more info that might be more useful. The light bar is actually a scale rock crawler accessory which is just a generic made in china brand, it came with an on off switch and has jst plugs. I just measured the roof of the Lunchy to make sure I got one the right width. The head and tail lights are the same type of thing that came as a set and have a single jst plug. As far as the wiring goes I bought 2 jst Y adapters both are 2 female to single male plugs. I plugged the first one into the battery socket on the receiver as the old receiver I'm using doesn't have any AUX sockets. Into that adapter I put the speed controller into one female plug and the on off switch for the lights into the other female plug. From there I used the other Y adapter and plugged it into the on off switch, then plugged the light bar into one female plug and the head/tail lights into the other. Simple!

Doing it this way saved me from soldering the tiny wires used for the lights. Just make sure you order lights with enough wire to reach where you want. Then it's just a matter of drilling a few holes and mounting everything.

These LED's are amazing at night time and don't really seem to reduce the runtime from the battery either.

If you search around on ebay a set of lights for a reasonable price should be available somewhere near you.

Hope this helps you out, sorry if I've told you some stuff you already know.

BTW I like your collection of oldies too.

A few quick pics of my collection. 8 years 10 months ago #34506

:y: thanks mate for your precisions. that gives some ideas for futur projects.
You really have a nice Classics collection :y: :y: :y:

Last edit: by stingray-63.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.