Keyword

TOPIC:

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37315

Not sure would have to check on.. whats that DB site, ah Tamiyabase. :P

Touché :y: :laugh:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37317

This is therapy for my RC-mind.... Looking through the projects is real fun, and I get to refresh on what I have available for restoring :)

Some more from the top shelf:
Two and a half Fox. The black was my 2WD runner in some vintage race and it shows it's age. The red one is in better condition and will probably form the basis for the restoration.

The black Fox revealed to me where my 2,4GHz radio equipment had gone, along with a nice Blue end-bell black motor.
The black one also have some repairs in the front (not by me) and some considerable slop in the front suspension.

And finally I found this "half" Fox. Not sure if there is anything I can use on that..

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37319

:) You have the anti roll bar supports. Useable. If you need, I have one fox to restore. You could make 2 with 3. Your egress, avante are beautiful. You have treasures at home Lars :woohoo:

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37320

:huh: I though that the egress was the hopped version of the Avante. I see on your picts that the rear train has not the trimming on the egress. My avante can be trimmed anywhere.

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37322

:huh: I though that the egress was the hopped version of the Avante. I see on your picts that the rear train has not the trimming on the egress. My avante can be trimmed anywhere.

I think Tamiya had "simplicity" in mind for the Egress. Both the Avante and Astute had problems with durability, one of the reasons being the complex design.

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37323

:) Thank you Lars :y:

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37325

I think the Avant is one off these study projects where they allowed the designers to go full out.
Stuffed with 110% hopups and 1000 tuning possibilities. Looks so cool but a pain to have a decent setup.

I prefer the Vanquish/Egress and TF evo

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37326

:) I love the Avante just for the style and the setup possibilities. But the uprights are so fragiles... And my dream is a tf evo.

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37328

:) my dream is a tf evo.

What's your budget, sometimes they don't come as expensive as you may think ;) (pm)

Last edit: by waterbok.

Lars' collection 8 years 1 month ago #37329

:blink: really :woohoo: (pm sent) :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.