Keyword

TOPIC:

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41706

I begun the RC with a grasshopper 1 30 years ago. But my first reminds were with a lunchbox bought y my dad in 1987.
I remind that we made its first run 30 minutes after he built it without the body on our parking. I was amazed by the wheelings. The passion comed with the Vanessa.
I remind too that I played with the white body during the building... I was 6 years old.
Here is my small collection of CW01 with their history.

This one, a friend gave it to me. He stoped the RC and gave it to me. full ball bearings and CWAs shocks. It has only 2 or 3 runs.

This one, another friend gave it to me too. CWAs and ball bearings too. It had only little runs in the grass too. It is in beautifull state too.

This one is my first lunchy one restored since the pict. It has a beautifull parma body painted by me with cameleon paint. Its last picts has a stingray body.

This pajero, was bought on the bay to a guy who had common friends with me 20 years ago. (The world is very small)
I restored completely the body to have a boxart one. It has bearings and I puted vintage CWAs on it.
I had 2 runs with it.

This one is my last one. pure runner wih a poor body to have no regret after a crash :b No options on it
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41708

Great collection, Flo! :y:
I'm particularly weak for the Pajero body, and I have one of the originals. There is so much details on that body, so it more or less comes to life. :)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41712

Thanks Lars.
I had the chance to find it like new but with a poor green paint. And all decals were present and identical to the original. (rare on a rere)

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41752

Nice cars Flo !

Like Lars I really like the Pajero ! This reminds me that I don't have one yet !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41755

Yep, I'll like to have an original version with low bathtube and brat wheeles.

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41784

:) I'm waiting for 4 stock tires. Wheelings will be back soon B) :whistle:

Does the MSC support a ABC M&Y motor?

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41908

:) several days off for christmas are very good to put some aqs in the old Vanessa. I did nothing on it just a nicer paint and radiogears.
2 sticks per day and I broke nothing.( Yes I did it. I ran with one of my rcs.... :) )
At home it will need another and younger 540 and ball bearings already ordered. And some grease in the diff. I refound the pleasure I had when I was a child. That's a pure satisfaction to run 10 minutes in the wet grass and do some wheelings with a very tired motor.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, jord001

My CW01 collection 7 years 3 months ago #41913

:) first result after 1 week of wild.runs:
2 screws loosed 1 on the servo saver ( during.the last aq) and 1 wich fix the wheely bar. Tomorrow, I will check the trans :pinch:

My CW01 collection 7 years 2 months ago #41980

:) HEHE!
I received the bearings for the runner. I will check it up after the built of the Datsun 1/12th scale :evil:

My CW01 collection 3 years 2 days ago #65319

It's time after several cw01 bought and sold to revival and restore in boxart my last vintage lunchy. Offered by a friend 25 years ago or more. I had the chance to ordered a new body from tamiya directly when the lb wasn't available in France. I painted it boxart and keep it in the box . Today is THE day.  Before the chassis...  The body. ;)
lights are original bulbs to. I missed that I had them....
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, the11th, jord001

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.