Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46076

Hello folks, this is my first post and first forum I have joined since getting into RC hobby. I am from Florida and I am a big enthusiast of sports cars and specialty cars in real life. My first car I built earlier this year was the Tamiya 934 Jagermeister TA02-SW and it came out nice and was really fun. I was also able to get it signed by Magnus Walker and Nakai-San of RWB!

I could understand the somewhat lack luster performance of the dated chassis. I also came to realize that the 1/10 was a lot bigger that I had imagined. So after learning that Tamiya started with RC with 1/12 scale and Porsche 934 and 935 (some of my favorite cars along with the Renault R5 Turbo) I looked into 1/12 more and found the Tamtech GT01 1/12 Scale cars. Tamiya detail is awesome and seeing that the new Tamtech was very similar to the original plastic bodies. Tamiyausa had them at a crazy blow out clearance price for Ready to run kits. I bought 3, thrashed 1 with my son, and kept 2 NIB with Tamiya Hop Ups. They are fun, but a little slow and definitely need upgradingTires / Springs / Diff Drives / 380 SPT Motor with Metal Pinion etc. I found a shelf queen Valiant 934 Tamtech from ebay and now all I need is the Jagermeister 934 to complete the Porsche 1/12 Tamtech collection from Tamiya. I would like to get the Black Edition GT01 but it is pretty expensive being a numbered limited edition selling for $600 and up. So seeing that these were actually just a bit smaller than 1/12 and only 2 wheel drive I was ready to try something else.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46077

So after looking at tamiyausa site I came across special limited edition TA05 M-Four (from 2011). It is a new age Belt 4WD chassis with 210mm wheel base. So I researched the bodies that could fit and found that there are in fact a few cool and obscure 1/12 bodies to be had. So purchased and built the M-Four and I must say it is really nice. The layout and quality parts make for a great driving car out of the box. I installed the Tamiya SPT motor, a 3500mah Lipo, basic ESC and basic remote. So the obsession to find cool 210mm 1/12 Bodies began.

#1 HPI '73 Porsche Carrera RS (Discontinued but still available) I got this one new from Hong Kong. HPI also has 210mm Lancia Stratos but it has very low front end for inboard shocks. The overall quality is great (a bit flimsy) but very detailed and the pre-cut stickers are nice. Also comes with extra mirrors / wipers / exhaust muffler trims. Wheels are HPI 3mm and 6mm offset. Works fanstastic on the M-Four. Includes body parts to install LED Lights. Used a cheap paint Burnt Orange for a classic color scheme.

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46078

#2 Tamiya '71 Renault Alpine A110 (Discontinued may find NOS) I was lucky to find this on ebay out of Japan. Brand NOS with box. This kit is awesome. This was the first time I setup my own LED's on a car that did not come with LED's. It seems that the headlight housings were designed to take LED's as they sort of have a provision to mount. I just had to drill a hold all the way through. It has HPI MX60 Cup Racer Wheels 0mm and 3mm offsets. Painted this one with Tamiya Corsa Grey. Left the grey plastic bumpers and trims in raw finish to match the grey wheels.

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46079

#3 Tamiya '65 Honda S800 (Discontinued may find NOS) I got this from the same seller of the A110 on ebay. Also NOS with box! Another awesome body and super detailed. The body mold actually has what looks like a classic trans-am type front lip on the lower front bumper if you cut it out. I used some fender mirrors left over from the HPI Carrera and also the black exhaust tip. I had another LED light kit I stole off of my extra NIB 935 Tamiya so I made them work with the chrome trims also. The overall kit is very nice and again fits perfectly on the chassis. This setup has HPI Cup Racer wheels in 3mm offset front and rear. Cheap metallic black paint.

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46080

So up next is: #4 Tamiya '02 Nissan Silvia S15 (Discontinued but available). This was the Body Released for the TA05 M-Four. My Job campaigns a Drag Race prepared Nissan Silvia S15 and so I am going to try to make it have a likeness to our race car.

#5 Renault R5 Turbo When I find one NIB NOS!!! And I will make it just like my personal car.

#6 Mini Cooper - Super Popular, makes sense to have this in the collection. Any other ideas?

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46083

Nice nice nice :y: I love it and your real cars, A R5T and a 190 evo 2. AWESOME CARS!
The following user(s) Liked this: 23psi4age

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46084

Welcome to Tamiyabase :) Very nice collection of cars you have & great detail :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 5 months ago #46086

Thanks guys!

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 4 months ago #46444

Do you have a real R5 Turbo with rear motor? :woohoo: That's one of my all time favourites. When i was young i almost bouht a pearl white Turbo II. Almost unfortunaly :huh: . But ok, i had a few other nice rides...

That M-four chassis seems a real nice thing to make it a CS drifter! imagine it going sideways with a R5 shell on it :)

Last edit: by Gumpie22B.

23psi4age Porsche and 1/12th Scale M Chassis Collection 6 years 4 months ago #46475

So up next is: #4 Tamiya '02 Nissan Silvia S15 (Discontinued but available). This was the Body Released for the TA05 M-Four. My Job campaigns a Drag Race prepared Nissan Silvia S15 and so I am going to try to make it have a likeness to our race car.

Mmmmm having a look at the rear tires and the exhaust showing up right behind the front Wheel i'm wondering what's under the hood?
Having also a look at the size of your intercooler i bet that your turbo (s) are just amazingly big :woohoo: :woohoo:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Last edit: by Manotas. Reason: Picture editing
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.