Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7045

First thing I thought was - wow cool chassis! A second later I realized it is the same one I traded with you today. :lol:
Great shelfer now that it's almost complete...

About the TF - you were looking for J13, right?
Looks pretty much the same as E6/E7 on the Manta Ray tree, apart from the extra hole.
Thinking I must have one of these somewhere...

The Chassis:

Body mounted:

Smoothened the cutting edges:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7053

Those look the same to me, and yes that's the part i'm was looking for.
just let me know
3 Old Tamiya's

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7055

Gonna take a look in the DF-01 box. I could send it to your work adress if you like... :y:

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7082

That carbon TA03RS with the purpy bits is a thing of beauty....
Yet more pics of group C chassis too, not helping! I really am gonna have to get one.
Lars, Edou, maybe the appreciation of the engineering of these chassis is what is actually feeding the passion for the vintage Tamiyas? I'm beginning to think so myself, it would explain why I have no interest for the later stuff!

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7085

I'd say that counts for me too. There's some great engineering creativity with the earlier cars. B)
Much more than I can see with the stuff (not everything or just Tamiya) that's released nowadays. If it isn't RTR...
Although I have to say I am curious about how that RM-01's stuck together. But they're sort of semi-vintage too.
Seeing Tamiya's own learning process (more or less) is very intriguing.
They did a solid job on the Group C though - maybe that's why it never evolved and still has appeal.

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7091

Dammit, a group C has appeared on ebay at JUST enough money that I can't afford it... If only I hadn't bought that Astute... er, what can I sell? An eye? - got 2 of those but I need them. How much are man-beans worth?

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7102

I see it - price seems about right I guess. Although it looks like a mix and match.
Blue parts are actually for the Nissan and should be quite sought after at the moment - the rere's got black.
Body posts are off too. Look like F40... definitely not C11 or 787B.
I have to say I paid too much for my chassis. Mostly because I think I got doobed with shipment somehow. :huh:
Oh well... can't beat the fun.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 2 months ago #7117

Good job you know what you're looking at, I'd never have known otherwise! It's in my watch list, plan is to wait for it to not sell then offer him 30 quid for it. Pics are too poor to see exactly what you do/don't get, radio looks as if it's been stored in the damp.
Haha "Doobed", like that one!

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 1 month ago #7388

Spitfire, the body post had slipped my mind but I'll have a look and send it to you over the weekend when I find one... :y:

Eddrick, any news on the Group C? B)

Re: Spitfire's Showroom 12 years 1 month ago #7390

Not really, I've banned myself from Ebay for the moment to make me concentrate on finishing the projects I already have! Just paid over the odds for a chewed scabby front bumper for my quattro & a handfull of broken AS1,2,3 servos - all have the second from last gear with teeth missing (That explains why I have so many gearsets for these, all with that gear missing...)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.