Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20265

Hmmm... my profile says I'm not subsribed to any topics but I get updates about the DF-01 bits auction nonetheless. :huh:

False alarm. :whistle:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20314

ok, this is not so much a problem, but a question about the articles and tips that appear. How does one go about writing an article or tip here. I can see in my user profile there is tab for articles that I may have posted, but I have been unable to find out where one submits an article etc(searched through forums etc).

The howto article I want to write about is friction welding thermoplastics, sort of a alternative to the article on fixing holes and cracks,

regards
Johann

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20315

ok, this is not so much a problem, but a question about the articles and tips that appear. How does one go about writing an article or tip here. I can see in my user profile there is tab for articles that I may have posted, but I have been unable to find out where one submits an article etc(searched through forums etc).

The howto article I want to write about is friction welding thermoplastics, sort of a alternative to the article on fixing holes and cracks,

regards
Johann

You can send the text and pictures on email to webmaster@tamiyabase.com. I will then review the article and get it published if it fits TamiyaBase. :)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20328

Having a bit of an issue with the "recent discussions" feature - if I navigate to a page other than page one, when I click on "recent discussions" again, I just get a refresh of the page number I last looked at (even in another tab, and even if I've closed the original search tab).
AFAIK this has been since the site was upgraded, I just hadn't bothered to mention it before :whistle:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20329

This would be the same as you posted on TC? It was an interesting read :y: ... but there is a potentional problem with reusing content in that way - I don't know exactly what is in TC's user agreement, but for most sites, it would be pretty standard if although you retained the right to be identified as the author of the work, you'd given them exclusive rights to publish it and/or use it in any way they see fit - which could leave you, Tamiyabase and/or Lars holding the wrong :whistle: end of the stick.

I'm not saying that would happen, I just wouldn't want to see anyone's soup privileges get revoked ;)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20331

Having a bit of an issue with the "recent discussions" feature - if I navigate to a page other than page one, when I click on "recent discussions" again, I just get a refresh of the page number I last looked at (even in another tab, and even if I've closed the original search tab).
AFAIK this has been since the site was upgraded, I just hadn't bothered to mention it before :whistle:

Jonny, I don't follow you on this one... :blush:
Is it the "Recent Topics" tab in the forums you are having problems with?
You mention other than page 1: is that that pages of a forum thread? After a forum search?

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Last edit: by larbut.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20332

Jonny, I don't follow you on this one... :blush:
Is it the "Recent Topics" tab in the forums you are having problems with?
You mention other than page 1: is that that pages of a forum thread? After a forum search?

-Lars

I meant clicking on the "Recent Topics" tab, navigating to any page of the results (e.g. page 3), clicking on "Recent Topics" again - and being taken to page 3 (for example) of the new results :huh:

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: typo

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20354

You can send the text and pictures on email to webmaster@tamiyabase.com. I will then review the article and get it published if it fits TamiyaBase. :)

-Lars

Thanks Lars, it will be similar to what I have just posted on Tamiyaclub over easter, where I repaired a Brat body. Except that was a quick go to see if it would work. Plus I also want to have a go at ABS and polycarbonate. ABS should work, but I don't think polycarbonate will turn out too well,

regards

Johann

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20355

Thanks Lars, it will be similar to what I have just posted on Tamiyaclub over easter, where I repaired a Brat body. Except that was a quick go to see if it would work. Plus I also want to have a go at ABS and polycarbonate. ABS should work, but I don't think polycarbonate will turn out too well,

regards

Johann

I will look forward to this! :y: I will always publish good and relevant articles. :)

All other reading this, please let me know if you can contribute with article(s) to TamiyaBase.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 weeks ago #20361

I meant clicking on the "Recent Topics" tab, navigating to any page of the results (e.g. page 3), clicking on "Recent Topics" again - and being taken to page 3 (for example) of the new results :huh:

:)

OK, got it :-)
I'm afraid this must be looked upon as a Feature.... I don't have any way to change it.
To get to the first page of a result, you have to click the "page 1" button if you have navigated to another page before.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.