Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17925

Hi Lars,
congrats on creating a fantastic site, I especially liked the 1:1 info pages that you added. I can appreciate the amount of time and effort you've put into this.

I do notice that loading can be a little slow for me though. I do some web work myself, and I use gtmetrix (gtmetrix.com) as a good test for performance bottlenecks. For speed increases a big one can be caching and compressing images before they are sent. If you've built the website with something like wordpress or Joomla, there are several plugins that can speed up a site.

Either way, thanks for the hard work,

cheers

Johann

Thank for the feedback, Johann!
I am working on the site speed these days, and I think it is improving. We now have quite aggressive server chaching, gzip, and some htaccess tweaks to enable browser cache as well.
I'm now waiting for installation of Cloudflare support, and looking into image sizes and stuff...

I have not used gtmetrix before, only Page Speed in Firebug, but I i'll start using it as it's nice to see the differences between google and yahoo when it comes to speed enhancement.
Page Speed is now up to 90/100 on most pages, which is quite good.
the new server is located in USA, so we Europeans will probably notice a slower response time than usual. I hope Cloudflare will fix that. :)

The site is on Joomla, so please PM me if ou have any experience with good plugins for speed :-)

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17928

Been having the occasional issue with forum pages failing to load correctly - I just get the header & background. It's happend when posting (but the post has posted :whistle: - just failed to reload) and links from the "recent posts" page:

Attachments:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17929

PM is working great now :y:

Is it possible to access the PMs through Tapatalk? it works with RCCRawler but on Tamiyabase I only have access to the forums.
Just saw U improved the forum layouts too, quite slick now. :cheer:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17949

Just looking at my thread on Acoms radios - www.tamiyabase....view=topic - all the layout & 99%+ of the text has been lost :cry:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17950

I tried an edit on the thread hoping the text was just hidden, but no.

I also tried Wayback Machine (archive.org/web/web.php) but none of the trawls drilled down far enough.

I do have a word .doc of my original first post, but that won't have all the extra info & revisions in it... I suppose it's theoretically possible to recreate it, but I'd rather not do that if there's any other way of retreiving it

:(

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17951

Same issue with:

my Sand Rover thread - www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476

my Bigwig thread - www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476

and my Monster Beetle thread - www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476

:blink: :pinch: :cry:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17977

Jonny, relax, I have the data from the old site B)
I will have a look at it!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17978

PM is working great now :y:

Is it possible to access the PMs through Tapatalk? it works with RCCRawler but on Tamiyabase I only have access to the forums.
Just saw U improved the forum layouts too, quite slick now. :cheer:

I checked, Tapatalk is not compatible with the PM system I'm using, sorry.

-Lars

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17979

Been having the occasional issue with forum pages failing to load correctly - I just get the header & background. It's happend when posting (but the post has posted :whistle: - just failed to reload) and links from the "recent posts" page:

I think this is a speed issue, and hard to do anything about specifically. I am however working on increasing the speed of the site.

PS: I almost get nostalgic looking at that good-old XP desktop :P

Last edit: by larbut.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #17981

Same issue with:

my Sand Rover thread - www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476

my Bigwig thread - www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476

and my Monster Beetle thread - www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476

:blink: :pinch: :cry:

Jon,
I think I have fixed your threads.

Let me know if you, or anybody finds more.

-Lars

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.