Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61764

Hi Richard.
This sounds weird :) On what platform does this happen? (Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac)
And what blinky thing are you talking about?

I'm on a laptop with Windows.
Cursor is the name of the blinking vertical blinking stripe..

This sounds more like a local PC problem, tbh. The cursor is controlled by the PC, not the website. Could there be interference between keys on the keyboard and the touch pad / pointing stick?

It may be.
My laptop is a good few years old now.
But it's strange as it do not happen on other forums.
I recently sent 3 PM on 3 other forums without problems.

But posting is ok on all forums.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61771

As to the rotation issue, for that there are also many EXIF remover tools around...

Probably a good thing to use before you post your pictures on the internet anyway (GPS data is also often included).

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61780

The makers of this Forum software confirms that images are rotated automatically, and the functionality cant be switched off.
I have a hard time understanding why images should be rotated automatically, but hey...

As far as I understand, the problem is for images taken by phone, and not manipulated in any way. If you for example resize (using Paint i Windows) the image data gets "fixed" for also computers/servers/websites to understand the orientation of the picture. Then the Forum Software will leave it alone.

I'll do more reading on this topic, and let you know if I find a more user friendly solution.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61781

One can also quite easily remove the data on Windows, not as a batch though...

Article

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61787

The makers of this Forum software confirms that images are rotated automatically, and the functionality cant be switched off.
I have a hard time understanding why images should be rotated automatically, but hey...

As far as I understand, the problem is for images taken by phone, and not manipulated in any way. If you for example resize (using Paint i Windows) the image data gets "fixed" for also computers/servers/websites to understand the orientation of the picture. Then the Forum Software will leave it alone.

I'll do more reading on this topic, and let you know if I find a more user friendly solution.

An easy solution for me is to just make sure I take the pictures in landscape :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61831

The makers of this forum software came back this weekend with an update that I've now implemented.
Please let me know if you still have problems with images being rotated wrong.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, Al

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61846

The glitch where the cursor goes to the bottom also happens when you type a personal message and run out of characters. Just posting the observation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61888

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Lars, I tried uploading and couple of pics, the insert button is highlighted when you hit it, but images aren’t being uploaded. I even made them a really small file size, but no joy.
I noticed a post yesterday from someone else who sounded like they had tried to put up some pics, but they weren’t uploaded.

Cheers Al

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61889

This is just to test image upload .....Edit seemed to work.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 3 years 6 months ago #61890

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Cheers Andy I’ll try again.
Thanks.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.