Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18105

I'll try logging out and back in.

Hmmm, that fixed it ... weird.
When I logged in the first time, it did not log in automatically and I had enter my username and password manually.
This time it logged in automatically (I guess using my Facebook credentials).

I believe this has to do with Caching. Your browsers has probably cached the front page with you logged in so you appear to be logged in when re-visiting.

Logout/login is the way to fix it.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18115

just wondering if there is a reason why the numbers are different ?

At the head of the page it will have "we have 5++ guests and 1? members online"

when you scroll down it tells you which members are online, but it is usually less in this field than at the top? delay maybe? inquisitively Andy :)

I've seen this myself, and tried to fix it, but I can't figure out how.
It has probably to do with caching (on the server)of the information, but it seems that I can't control it...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18136

ok, these are a little nit-picky, but two things:
I liked it when you showed some pics to the latest uploads in the gallery
and with the latest forums postings I was sure previously at the bottom you had a link to the complete forum listing,

regards

Johann

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18139

ok, these are a little nit-picky, but two things:
I liked it when you showed some pics to the latest uploads in the gallery...

I am trying to figure out where to place some pics on the front page. Stay tuned.

...and with the latest forums postings I was sure previously at the bottom you had a link to the complete forum listing,

regards

Johann

The "More" link is there now :-)

Thank you for addressing "the little things". The little things are important :y:

-Lars

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18142

As long as we're nitpicking - maybe a little padding-left for the message title? :)

Edit - plus a float right for the number reference...

:whistle:

Last edit: by Edou.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18146

Larbut - the "Recommend someone for a TamiyaBase Award!" link in your sig is 404 ... and until we have awards again is a bit redundant ;)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18149

Larbut - the "Recommend someone for a TamiyaBase Award!" link in your sig is 404 ... and until we have awards again is a bit redundant ;)

:blush:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18152

Hi Lars,

I was trying to update one of my threads a few min's ago and nothing did upload.
I thought i did something wrong and tried it again, uploading the max allowed pictures per thread (8 i think) with some text lines inbetween.
Anyway, both times i clicked on Submit, the main page "Recent Topics" appeared and my thread stayed like it was without any modifications.
It's the "Smurfy Bruiser thread" in the Vintage restoration section.
Thanks for checking this issue

Manotas

Edit on 11:42 Everyting is working now !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Last edit: by Manotas.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18179

Hi Lars,

I was trying to update one of my threads a few min's ago and nothing did upload.
I thought i did something wrong and tried it again, uploading the max allowed pictures per thread (8 i think) with some text lines inbetween.
Anyway, both times i clicked on Submit, the main page "Recent Topics" appeared and my thread stayed like it was without any modifications.
It's the "Smurfy Bruiser thread" in the Vintage restoration section.
Thanks for checking this issue

Manotas

Edit on 11:42 Everyting is working now !

This must have been a case of local caching or something. The posting seem to work ok.
If it was a long post, which took time to write, you could have been "timed out" by the system. That will happen if you spend more than one half hour typing. The system will then believe you are inactive, and your user will be logged out.
When you then hit "Submit" for your post, the whole thing will be lost (I always CTRL-A / CTRL-C before posting long posts).

-Lars
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18191

No awards showing? JR use to have a swag ?:)

The Awards are now back, and all awards from the old site should now be restored.
Your Awards will not show up in the left field of your Forum posts, but they are listed in your Profile.

-Lars

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.