Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 2 months ago #18436

I agree location is a useful thing to know, but I was never a big fan of the google map thing - all too often the area shown was too narrow & I had to guess at the country.

I think a combo box for country in user profiles & having that displayed to the left of posts would be far more useful, failing that a simple text field :)

The Member Map and location widget on the Forum is now in place. I will look to see if I can also add Country info to the Forum profile. The country combo box is already used in the Profile registration.

And now we have a small house in our Forum profile. Hovering on that will show the member's country, it that has been entered into their Profile.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18453

The new site looks great but my computer's not a fan. Gets stuck a lot. :(
Would turning the background into gif images (instead of png) possibly improve loading time?
Don't think this conversion would be visually noticeable...

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18458

Would turning the background into gif images (instead of png) possibly improve loading time?

I have turned off the background image completely now. Does that help?
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18460

I noticed it instantly! Much better now. :cheer:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18461

Of course I wouldn't want to influence other people's experience of the site because my own system might be outdated... :blush:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18462

I'm quite happy about losing the textured backgound - it just made it look like I had a CRT monitor that needed degaussing & cleaning :S ;)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18466

:y: :y: Thumbs up for the "My Recent Topics" and "Topics I Started" tabs. Very useful!

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18467

Hey Lars, great work on the changes :y: since were talking about the pages, There seems to be a lot of green? is it like windows when you choose appearances, you get 3 shades of the same tone? or can you mix it up with for example: Blue / yellow / red / green etc..... I just like a little flavour :) cheers andy
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18485

Hey Lars, great work on the changes :y: since were talking about the pages, There seems to be a lot of green? is it like windows when you choose appearances, you get 3 shades of the same tone? or can you mix it up with for example: Blue / yellow / red / green etc..... I just like a little flavour :) cheers andy

Yes, its kind of green :P
I can change to a number of other liveries, but I've made custom adaptions to pages to make them look ok to the green, so changing livery is not that easy.

-Lars

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 11 years 1 month ago #18486

I don't mind the green. I'd rather have a consistent "theme" than a load of mismatched colours.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.