Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 1 year 1 month ago #74428

Model 49486 is a bit of a mystery.  It is listed as being on the TB-02 chassis, but it is clearly advertised as a Drift Spec car.  It came out in 2008 and the TB-02D had been available since 2007.  Does that mean 49486 is really on the TB-02D chassis?  Maybe, but I can't find a manual for 49486 to verify.  The separate 49458 TB-02D chassis comes with a bunch of option parts but the 49486 may not.

You're right Blakbird, 49486 is on a TB-02D chassis, not TB-02, going by TamiyaUSA's website.
Good catch, keep them coming :-)
49486 is corrected now.

-Lars

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 10 months 2 weeks ago #75502

Typo on the 58243 page.  It says "TFR Special Chassis" instead of "TRF".
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 10 months 1 week ago #75504

Typo on the 58243 page.  It says "TFR Special Chassis" instead of "TRF".

Thank you, it's now corrected, keep them coming 
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 2 weeks ago #75953

The database lists the new 58712 Porsche 911 GT3 model as "painted body", but it actually comes clear.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 1 week ago #76031

The database lists the new 58712 Porsche 911 GT3 model as "painted body", but it actually comes clear.

Hi Blakbird,
Sorry for the late reply, but I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks.
The 58712 is listed as pre-painted by Tamiya Japan (www.tamiya.com/...index.html), but I notice Tamiya USA lists it as clear and I see "unboxing" video's that shows clear body in Europe.
Tamiya Japan might have got it wrong or this kit might be one of those with spec variants between markets.
I'll leave it as pre-painted, but add a note that depending on marked, the shell may be unpainted.

Thanks for the info though, it's interesting to see how Tamiya is not always 100% organized. 

-Lars
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 1 week ago #76032

Hi Blakbird,
The 58712 is listed as pre-painted by Tamiya Japan (www.tamiya.com/...index.html), but I notice Tamiya USA lists it as clear and I see "unboxing" video's that shows clear body in Europe.
Tamiya Japan might have got it wrong or this kit might be one of those with spec variants between markets.
I'll leave it as pre-painted, but add a note that depending on marked, the shell may be unpainted.

Thanks for the info though, it's interesting to see how Tamiya is not always 100% organized. 

-Lars

Huh, I actually removed this from my Tower Wishlist recently, because I was afraid it was pre-painted, and now I'm not sure again. I was thinking it would be nice to do a 959 Rothman's tribute project, but that only works if it comes clear. 
IG_tamiyaddiction

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 1 week ago #76033

I believe 92213 should be 1/12 scale, not 1/10
IG_tamiyaddiction

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 1 week ago #76035

Hi Blakbird,

-Lars

Huh, I actually removed this from my Tower Wishlist recently, because I was afraid it was pre-painted, and now I'm not sure again. I was thinking it would be nice to do a 959 Rothman's tribute project, but that only works if it comes clear. 

I've had a new look at this today, after seeing that there will be a 47496 kit released as a pre-painted (blue) TT-02 Porsche 996.
This leads me to conclude the Tamiya Japan entry of 58712 is wrong and should be a non-painted one.
I'll update again :-)
-Lars
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 1 week ago #76036

I believe 92213 should be 1/12 scale, not 1/10

You're correct. 
Thank you for letting me know, it's now corrected in the database.
-Lars
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 8 months 1 week ago #76037

I received and was leafing through a 1984 Radio Control Guide Book, and came across something interesting in regards to the 50005 and 50023 motors. It seems the Guide Book has them shown as the black end bell variants, so it might be interesting to add them to the motor pics? I guess when they revised them along the way, they held the same P/N. And now I know for sure that I have them :)

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:

Last edit: by GToddC5.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.