Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestins for next steps for the new DataBase 10 years 11 months ago #21088

If I could wish for ONE thing in the Tamiyabase database, it would be this:

An accurate list of every difference between the original cars and the re-releases - right down to the kit box differences.

Too many sites on the internet simply say "it's similar" or "it's the same", when clearly there are massive differences that many people care about. Even if we're just talking about decals - that's a massive difference.

In every regard, Tamiya fanatics are very fussy and precise about every aspect of modeling. So why is there still no website with a definitive list of changes? I think it's because most re-release owners are trying to turn a blind eye and "not worry about it too much", and just sort of paper-over the issue, and ignore it.

And yet, on eBay, even for a Grasshopper kit, an original kit will sometimes sell as high as $400, while a re-release is only worth about $130 or something. The reasons behind that need to be explained somewhere. The difference in price would probably be even greater is there was a place for people to really learn about changes to the models.

Anyway, it's a big task, but that's my suggestion! :) Tamiyabase is the perfect place for it, because this site is more analytical than most others.

tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=589

Need to greatly expand on "it's a realistic reissue".

H.

Hi H.
You have actually found an error on the site... (thank you :) )
It seems like all the text did not follow through from the old site to the new database. So, a lot of information is missing from the Reissue Database.

I have now updated the Grasshopper Reissue you linked to, and I will continue to update the others as well.

That said, I am pretty sure I don't have all the details in the differences between vintage and reissue models, so I would appreciate to receive such from anybody that knows them.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Suggestins for next steps for the new DataBase 7 years 9 months ago #39416

One thing that I am missing, are the normal (i.e. non-limited) XB cars. I am using the databse quite often, and I stumbled upon that limited XB releases are listed while normal Xb cars are not.

Suggestins for next steps for the new DataBase 7 years 9 months ago #39456

Hi, and welcome to TB!
I plan on adding XBs to the database and will do it when time allows. :-)

One thing that I am missing, are the normal (i.e. non-limited) XB cars. I am using the databse quite often, and I stumbled upon that limited XB releases are listed while normal Xb cars are not.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

Suggestins for next steps for the new DataBase 7 years 9 months ago #39458

I am missing the racing mini mini 1/100.
I now got the full set so could make NIB pictures, build pictures and even give you the number of the decal sheets :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Suggestins for next steps for the new DataBase 7 years 9 months ago #39463

If you can produce data and pictures, I will add then to the database. :)

I am missing the racing mini mini 1/100.
I now got the full set so could make NIB pictures, build pictures and even give you the number of the decal sheets :)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.381 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.