Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37716

Some days I check out what's happening here a few times & keep that Safari page open on the iPad. But I keep having to login multiple times a day. Am I doing something wrong or missing something to stop this from happening as it's becoming really frustrating. Most sites I use will remember my login details & will only occasionally need them re-entered. Why can't it be like this here, what's the worst that could happen? :whistle:
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37719

Thank you for the feedback.
The system is set with a "remember me" functionality as default, and it usually works for me.
I also have to log in occasionally, maybe once a day pr PC, but I use the browser's functionality to remember log in details so it's quite quick to do.
I have a couple of times the last week cleared the site's cache, which may impact the remember-me functionality.

Please also check that your browser allow all cookies from TamiyaBase, that is required for the site to work properly.

If anyone else has similar problems, please let me know here.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37722

I can't say I really ever have to log in again for a non-apparent reason...

Edit - from my Windows 7 desktop, that is.

Last edit: by Edou.

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37723

I have the same problem on my Samsung tablet

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37724

I use my Samsung Tablet mostly & don't have any problems, like Edou it's windows 7 :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37725

:) I am on android. I am vintage like in rc
The following user(s) Liked this: rcmadkiwi

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37736

There's no remember me option for Safari & it'd cure the issue if there was.

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37742

The checkbox for "remember me" is on this site, but is hidden and "checked" for everybody, so that is not the root cause here.

It's of course worrying that you don't see these problems on other sites, but based on your report and other's feedback on the "remember me " function I am leaning towards a local problem.
It could be a Safari problem and/or a hardware problem. Search for "safari "remember me" " on Google and you will find some suggestions on what to do.
Clearing cache and cookies are normally recommended as first steps with these kind of problems.

I usually also have to log in again when I use different PCs. Like now, I'm at work, and logged in, it is likely that I have to log in again when I get home.

I hope this helps :)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37755

The checkbox for "remember me" is on this site, but is hidden and "checked" for everybody, so that is not the root cause here.

It's of course worrying that you don't see these problems on other sites, but based on your report and other's feedback on the "remember me " function I am leaning towards a local problem.
It could be a Safari problem and/or a hardware problem. Search for "safari "remember me" " on Google and you will find some suggestions on what to do.
Clearing cache and cookies are normally recommended as first steps with these kind of problems.

I usually also have to log in again when I use different PCs. Like now, I'm at work, and logged in, it is likely that I have to log in again when I get home.

Your theory is flawed, if it was a Safari problem it would be the same on all websites & it's only TamiyaBase this problem exists. Those suggestions will do nothing but wipe all my password data to other websites that it already stores. Unless a website is calibrated to work with IOS (& others that may be used to access it) devices many of it's features will not work & it's probably why I can't fully edit my sig. I'd rather put up with the login hassle than go fire up the Alienware gaming laptop as Windows takes so long to get its act together & I could login a few dozen times. :sick:

Login Hassle 7 years 11 months ago #37756

I agree, my theory is flawed, and I'm sorry that I don't have a solution you are willing to try.
The "remember me" function works on my iPad, so it's not like the website is not "calibrated to work with IOS"
-Lars

Your theory is flawed, if it was a Safari problem it would be the same on all websites & it's only TamiyaBase this problem exists. Those suggestions will do nothing but wipe all my password data to other websites that it already stores. Unless a website is calibrated to work with IOS (& others that may be used to access it) devices many of it's features will not work & it's probably why I can't fully edit my sig. I'd rather put up with the login hassle than go fire up the Alienware gaming laptop as Windows takes so long to get its act together & I could login a few dozen times. :sick:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.