Keyword

TOPIC:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47107

You maybe could take some measurments of the ansmann spares to make some reproductions.
And I was thinking that you could find a academy road runner because it is very similar to the grass and it is equiped with a front antiroll bar. I have one but I don't know where...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47124

You maybe could take some measurments of the ansmann spares to make some reproductions.
And I was thinking that you could find a academy road runner because it is very similar to the grass and it is equiped with a front antiroll bar. I have one but I don't know where...

Thats a good idea about the measurements Flo, i will make a stencil at least :y: , ive had to modify the axle mounts slightly (one step on a step drill, thats all) because they did not slide up to the right point to affix to gearbox casing, so maybe the re-re hopper gbox casing is slightly different to the hornet gbox casing that it was made to fit, or maybe the ansmann part was made poorly :unsure:
And thanks for pointing me to the academy road runner, and as ive since discovered also very similar to the World Engines "rock buster", ive already ordered sway bar parts n piano wire to replicate the academy front sway bar, tho i will have to mount it differently to the road runner/rock buster on the bottom arms as there is no suspension mount to join them to, watch this space, i will achieve :) :) :)

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47125

Its needs a little more than just the wire.

Thought I bought a hopper but it turned out to be a Academy interresting car though.

Even hoped those rims would be alloy, but no :unsure:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47126

I love your road hopper Sander.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47127

Just discovered I got a Rockbuster shell aswell (one in the middle)

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47128

Its needs a little more than just the wire.

I know haha :cry: :cry: :cry:
Rough template for mounts

Attachment not found

template for sway bar, made using aluminium rod

Attachment not found

To be mounted to here 5mm above hole already there :y: , using these parts :)

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47129

Just discovered I got a Rockbuster shell aswell (one in the middle)

Whats the shell on the right WB?

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47134

• awk
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Hello all, Happy new year 2018!

Thats a PARMA Stinger body
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47136

Thats a PARMA Stinger body

THX already forgot about that.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47142

Had a little bit of time on my hands so the ansmann rear shock mount/sway bar is now fitted :y:
The shock mounts needed a little bit of tinkering with to make them fit. they didnt want to slide up the axle far enough so had to widen the holes one step on a step drill, about 2mm i recon.
As you can see below ive widened the shock stance quite a bit top and bottom, the bottoms are now mounted on the outside of the shock mounts, the top mounting was achieved using M3 threaded bar and carbon tube for the spacers, all in all i think i am rather happy with how it looks and sits, tho i might at a later date increase the shock length, depending on how it sits once the front end is all complete :unsure:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.