Keyword

TOPIC:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47144

Wow! Alan this custom looks awesome.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47148

Wow! Alan this custom looks awesome.

Thanks Flo, its getting there:y:
Still waiting for various front shocks and the front sway bar bits to turn up, so come to halt suspension wise :cry:
So all i can do is alter body to fit around the mods for the time being.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47149

Wait a little for the body. I am waiting several spares. And if you want, I have a hornet metalic body if you want.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47150

The time has come to make the body fit the mods :) :) :)
Turned out to be a lot easier than i thought :y:

First a bit of marking out

Then remove these ridges

Front now fits perfectly and looks pretty good :)

The back end rests nicely on the spacer for the rear shock

So all that is needed is a spacer to fit here and the body mods all sorted
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, Edou, stingray-63, Tobiwahnknobi

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47154

That looks nice :y:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47155

Discret mods on the front. Excellent.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47159

Discret mods on the front. Excellent.

Thanks Flo :y:
Ive always stated that i wanted to try and keep it looking as close to a hopper as possible, so far so good :)
Tho i dont think im going to be able to resist having a brace bar across the front top shock mounts, partially for practical strength and in a mock up i did last night it looked pretty cool n funky, tamiya missed out on one there i think :) :) :)

That looks nice :y:

Thanks Tobi :y:
Tempted by the mods you are? :) :) :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47173

So finally some front shocks have turned up so we can proceed again :)
Listed as 50mm eye to eye tho in reality 52mm, i have extended them to 60mm in preparation for the shocks i hoping to fit at a later date (as usual im waiting on hong kong post haha), tho i might end up with a hybrid of the two different shocks

Not many parts needed to fit these, yayyy :)

Original hopper lower mounts fitted at the top using M3 flange head bolt and screw on 5mm ball end :)

Shocks fitted, looking good :y:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47174

A nice little strut brace made out of 5mm ball end connectors, carbon tube and M3 threaded bar

Body on and brace fitted, rather pleased with how it all looks now its together together :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47179

This Grasshopper is coming along nicely. I like that front end!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.