Keyword

TOPIC:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47184

This Grasshopper is coming along nicely. I like that front end!

Thanks Lars, its getting there slowly, considering its my first build it has more than exceeded my own expectations so far :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47203

I'm obviously keeping track of this and the progress is excellent. B)
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Last edit: by Edou.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47209

Front sway bar time, yayyyy :)
Many thanks to stingray-63 for pointing me in this direction here: tamiyabase.com/...t=30#47107

Random 1/8 scale sway bar links and balls, 1.2mm piano wire, various bits of M3 threaded bar, nylock nuts and not forgetting my
home made sway bar mounts :) :) :)

As if by magic

Then this screw pin needs to be removed

And they will be replaced by the M3 bar and nylocks

Link ends attached to lower arm

Then fit sway bar to them, not forgetting (as i did first time) to put the mounts on the bar before fitting :cry: :cry: :cry:

Screw bumper and mounts in place, job done :)

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47211

Just a few more pics :) Very happy with how it looks and it seems to actually work which is a bonus :) :) :)

And thats the front end finished, well all bar a possible shock change/tinker :y:
Just new servo, ansmann sidebars and longer shocks on the rear and thats the mechanical side of the hopper mod finished
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47212

Oh man! It is an awesome work. Congrats buddy.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47221

Oh man! It is an awesome work. Congrats buddy.

Thanks Flo, your idea of a front sway bar finishes it off very nicely indeed :y:
It looks like a hopper still, but on steroids :evil: :evil: :evil: hahaha
Time to fit the last few bits n tinker with shock settings etc :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47222

Just about to change the shocks for the 1/16ths on the front and noticed how nice it looked from underneath :-) :) :)

Attachments:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47223

Beautifull Alan. :y:

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47226

Hope i never see that view when im using it Flo, i would cry :cry: :cry: :cry:
Might paint " YOU F***ING IDIOT " on the battery cover just in case haha B) B) B)

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Re-Re Grasshopper full suspension mods and a few more bits :-) 6 years 3 months ago #47227

Or you have the solution to put several layers of transparent venilia to protect the chassis. I made that on my xpress.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.