Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Short, silly build: Wild Wilomena Parking Enforcement Trike 1 month 3 days ago #61135

I've been keeping this bit of vacformed RPET (recyled polyethylene tetraphlalate) since easter, because (obviously) it would make an excellent RC body

Ideas were initially some sort of racer with wheels hidden under the body & just Willy's helmet showing, or some sort of hi-lift moon buggy, but I thought I'd rather use a standing figure - and the idea of parking enforcement came to mind. But not the ticket issuing, or even tow truck calling kind - I imagine a 3rd tier for dealing with repeat offenders, and turn up with more suitable equipment, such as the M67 90mm Recoilless Rifle :y:

Plans are to airbrush the "body" with Tamiya PC- paint(s), make a very simple chassis from FRP sheet, use the gearbox & one front knuckle from a QD "Sports" chassis (21 GBP, posted :) ), and Scorcher wheels & tyres, the single from one being exposed for a slightly more Manga look (and a little more stability).

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Short, silly build: Wild Wilomena Parking Enforcement Trike 2 weeks 3 days ago #61358

So much for being quick ... i have made a little progress though. I've taken the bits I needed off the QD chassis, cleaned them & made the rear wheels fit. This meant filing a hex shape in the front of the (red - Wild One?) wheel adaptors + a square in the back so the QD cast items fit, and also Dremmelling a little off the Scorcher wheels.

I've also been roughing out the chassis shape after taping up one of the blue FRP boards.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: Jonny RetroAndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.