• Page:

TOPIC:

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 9 months ago #71975

Niiice!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 9 months ago #71998

Wetted, salt, dried overnight, sprayed with 2 shades of blue:

Scrubbed with a green scourer, under the tap:

Having done the stinky, outdoor, weather dependent bits of the painting, I can put it on the back burner while I prioritise other outer spraying :) 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 9 months ago #72002

Waahhooooo. Awesome rust effect. I love it. 

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 5 months ago #73082

Thought I ought to check what sort of bearings this had - the wheel bearings (8 off 1150) had been replaced with ball bearings, but I could see nylon ones peeping out of the gearbox :(

I replaced the 6 nylon & 2 bronze 1150s in there with rubber shielded ball bearings on the outdrive, and regular metal shielded ones on the 3 spur gears. I was sure I'd bought a full set of bearings to do this, but couldn't find them despite all my recent storage improvements, so had to hit the relevant spares box. 

While I had the thing apart, I replaced the 20T pinion with the lowest gearing option - 18T (0.6 mod / AV) - from another spares box, as it's a slightly better match for an uprated motor.

I also put a few dabs of CA glue between the rear wheels & tyres as I noticed one of them was rotating a bit too easily. I did do a bit more wiping off of dirt, but I just didn't think the chassis was dirty enough for a full stripdown/rebuild :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 5 months ago #73091

The rust painting looks great, love it.

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 3 months ago #73376

Some more progress - details painted, some more aging (spot wash of diluted Hull Red, dry brushing DIY "Rust" mix & a DIY "Damp Rust" mix - which works in context, but on it's own looks far more "Baby's On Solids" - and Flat Aluminium). I had planned on adding some lichen & even a spot of moss, but after an initial stippling in a pale grey green, I left it alone.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Scanox, Lemsko

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 3 months ago #73383

Woohaoooooo. It amazing  Jonny.

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 3 months ago #73395

All done :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 3 months ago #73396

Looks wonderful
Merry christmas!
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Wild Willy 2 Lumberjack 1 year 3 months ago #73397

Yeahhhh! Awesome Jonny.
merry xmas to everyone. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.