Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11253

Well it arrived from Japan yesterday in good shape. Still waiting for bits from JunFac for the rear suspension, and wondering if I might go with a mild brushless set up in the near future.
Coal miners are a funny bunch. I picked up the Hornet on my way to work and opened the box at the mines before we went underground and several of the guys pulled out cash so I could order them one. Looks like we're gonna have some girlie looking racing going on in a few weeks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11258

Hi, I notice you have one of them cheap flysky radios, I suggest you bury it in the coal mine... I once had one and there is a very noticeable delay from when you steer/brake,etc and the car responds, it made my brushless Boomerang undrivable. The seller eventually agreed to refund my money but kept the radio and I never got my money back :angry: You might get away with this crap radio with a slow motor but do not plan on using it with a brushless, you will be wondering why your mates are heaps better drivers than you and you are always crashing into things....
ps enjoy your 'different looking' Hornet!! :y:

Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11259

My flysky has been hacked. New software and 8 channels and Internet updateable. Actually has a decent frame rate and I can map all the buttons to do what I need them to do. Well worth the extra $25. Also had a more efficient voltage regulator and steering ball bearing put in it.

Last edit: by Dasbeermeister.

Re: Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11260

Fair enough, I didn't know ppl bothered modding this radio, but I suppose any mod would be welcome as it couldn't make the radio any worse imho...

*As you would have figured I really do hate this radio and the negative experience I had with one, but if it works for you and you like it then I hope it gives you many years of fun and service. ;)

Last edit: by vara351.

Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11263

I actually gave up on my DX3r and sold it after I got the hang of programming the GTB3.

Well the chassis is built. Went as smoothly as could be. The smell of all that Japanese plastic always brings me back to 1984 and building my first grasshopper. The B2B I had in '78(?) smelled like burnt motor. I like the black chrome finish on the screws.

Time to program the esc and radio then on to the body. Gotta run to the wife's work and scan the decals before I start cutting.

Re: Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11267

Oh my, seeing it coming out of the box actually makes me start to like it! :)
I too was put of by the girlie look but I guess when coal miners start driving them, that'll give more street cred. :lol:
Am I seeing this well - is there an extra black tyre set included?

Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11269

Yep. Comes with black tyres and white rims so you don't have to get you're pink shoes in the mud.

Re: Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11272

That's certainly a big plus for this kit. :cheer:
Besides that, there were no shortcuts taken on this Hornet with all the different colours plastic and such...

Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11307

The only shortcut I can see is no ESC. But a second set of wheels and tyres is probably about the same price as a TEU-101BK.

Re: Jun Watanabe Hornet Build 11 years 8 months ago #11312

If I could choose, I'd go for the tyres. Not a big fan of that particular ESC...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.