Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13113

;) to lock the rear diff you can use very hard silicon grease like 1000000. I use it in my USA1 nitro to fast run and climbing it is very efficient and funny and permit to keep the wheele on terrain and avoid the centrifugation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13115

Nice one, thanks for the advice guys.
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13212

TA03, now that is my area of expertise. I have owned about five in my modelling life. TA03F, TA03S, TA03F-Pro, TA03R. My favorite was the TA03S short wheel base, with a Peugot 206 GTI body. It had aluminum adjustable shocks, custom made pulley gears, auto belt tensioner, and a 5.5 turn brushless motor in it, and it wore out tires quicker than I could replace them... The SWB was a very "Nervous" chassis, as it was a tad on the twitchy side.

I am currently negotiating with a guy to buy his TA03F with all the aluminum hop-ups. So we'll see if I'm a TA03 owner again soon...
Attachments:

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13214

Nice list of projects!

I have to ask a (daft) question, as I'm starting out my vintage Tamiya 'hobbying career'... which is, do the varying model variants, share the same components? ie, I need to source parts for my Subaru... so being a TA03F, can I use TA03F-Pro and/or other variant parts?

Many thanks!

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13215

Only difference between the TA03F and the pro is the chassis, pro has a carbon chassis, and pro has ball diffs.
The following user(s) Liked this: Porsche959Boy

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13216

:laugh: Louisbaby I love your 106 body I am fan of this car.
:evil: For the sub; The TA03 pro was sold without body and no motor. If you want you can put it on. The TA03 was a very up graded version. I think that it is the first one before the Audi A4. epoxy frame, full ball bearing anti roll bar op hup damper springs etc... It was really a competition version, before the TRF series.
The following user(s) Liked this: Porsche959Boy

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13285

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some MA18 metal bearings and plastic spacers? After stripping the model, these parts were missing!! :cry:

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13286

This ad's just an example - look for 3x7x3mm bearings. :y:

This bag contains the plastic spacer :

:y:

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13288

Awesome! Thanks very much :)

Re: Starting my Scoobie rebuild 11 years 6 months ago #13326

the best is to use ball bearings. Better friction low batt consumption. Better for drifting so. You can find some TA03 full bearings kits on ebay in japan or hongkong. With very cheap prices. Or you can find it on stellamodels site.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.