Keyword

TOPIC:

TL-01 rebuild 11 years 2 months ago #17340

Hey all, Thought I would show another side project i'm working on :whistle:
This one is a TL-01 I picked up a few years ago, it came with the esc and Futaba radio already and worked well. In an effort to interest my wife in my hobbie (another 1 of them :laugh: ) I picked up the Subaru shell and sprayed it pink for her :blink: Anyway didn't really take off for her :pinch: and now it's time to rejuvenate this little beauty :lol:

You can see from the pic's what I started with and of course the obligatory stripped pic ;)
I picked up some new chrome wheels and rally tyres for her and to top her off I scored a nice Tamiya Honda Civic Castrol body B) . I'm waiting for the new body mounts to arrive and of course I still need to put her back together :lol:

Anyway heres some pic's for you, stay tuned ;)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 2 months ago #17377

Cool, I like TLs, they're bomb-proof bashers.
It's worth getting the adjustable link set & oil dampers to refine them a bit, & I found that "truck" tuned motors work better than "car" tuned motors with them (Cos they're a bit heavy I guess).
Despite my aggressive playing habits, I've never managed to hurt the gearbox bits, but if you need any it's worth noting that HBX Bonzer (& other Chinese clones) bits will fit if you get stuck sourcing the proper stuff (Unlikely I know, but worth noting)

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 2 months ago #17385

Cool, I like TLs, they're bomb-proof bashers.
It's worth getting the adjustable link set & oil dampers to refine them a bit, & I found that "truck" tuned motors work better than "car" tuned motors with them (Cos they're a bit heavy I guess).
Despite my aggressive playing habits, I've never managed to hurt the gearbox bits, but if you need any it's worth noting that HBX Bonzer (& other Chinese clones) bits will fit if you get stuck sourcing the proper stuff (Unlikely I know, but worth noting)

Thanks for the motor tips :) I was looking for a bit more speed from her, not going to bother with much else though, it's just going to be used on flat durt tracks :laugh:

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 2 months ago #17408

If dust will be involved, make sure the card plate thingy is fitted in front of the motor, otherwise dust will find its way in through the back motor vents & into the gearbox, which would be bad - I've found 2mm stones in mine before now

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 2 months ago #17583

If dust will be involved, make sure the card plate thingy is fitted in front of the motor, otherwise dust will find its way in through the back motor vents & into the gearbox, which would be bad - I've found 2mm stones in mine before now

Thanks man, yes I had noticed some annoying stones in the gearbox at timesn :( I need to get a b part 6 too fir the other side :pinch:

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 2 months ago #17586

No real update yet, still waiting for the new body mount kitb :whistle:

Attachments:

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 1 month ago #17948

Ok, so i've finished putting the chassis back together and fitted the new wheels to her :laugh: I still need to fit the new body mount kit and the remaining radio gear ;) Still progress made B)

Attachments:

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 1 month ago #17952

Hi,
Even if i'm not a big TL fan myself your project looks promising.....
And i think it's a good idea having the other body panted in pink....I should try it with my wife as she already seem a very little bit intrested on Monster Beetles.
Your project has made me think about to start working on the MB i still have to rebuilt, i might paint it pink à la lady fashion :P :P

Anyway, great project...i always liked Honda's and i think that Civic (EG type) looks awesome.
Keep us posted.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: TL-01 rebuild with mild customizations 11 years 1 month ago #17962

B) Nice civic.
I have the JACCS version. I love it :y:

TL-01 rebuild 11 years 1 month ago #17964

Nice TL i love the rally block tyres B) :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.