Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

M05 - SWB Mini 11 years 3 months ago #17623

• dreadly
  • dreadly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi, I have just built a box standard M05 SWB Mini Cooper - It's a lot of fun :woohoo: - I have purchased oil shocks to stop it bouncing madly about as it did but I cannot for the life of me stop the front drive shafts falling out on full steering lock!!! - Does anybody have any experience of this chassis and know the best way to stop this happening?

Many Thanks :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

M05 - SWB Mini 11 years 3 months ago #17624

Can't imagine that's part of the design. :S
But what about moving the ball connectors to the other hole in the knuckle?
And you could have a look at the servo saver if you might be able to shorten the arm/lever.

:y:

Could you show a picture maybe?

M05 - SWB Mini 11 years 3 months ago #17625

• dreadly
  • dreadly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
The steering is AMAZINGLY complex on this chassis :( I will find piccys...

M05 - SWB Mini 11 years 3 months ago #17627

Obvious things to check would be that there's an o-ring in each of the gearbox outdrives & that the steerign balljoint on each of the front knuckles is in the outermost hole :)

M05 - SWB Mini 11 years 3 months ago #17631

What Jonny said... he beat me to it!
If the gaps are bigger than O-ring thickness, you can chop up silicon fuel tubing & use that instead.
I would also check how much steering lock there is, as if there's enough that the shafts can come out, there's a possibility they could also jam & break something, so adjust if need be, like Edou suggests.
Finally, an obvious suggestion - are the front & rear shafts different lengths, & have you got the right ones in the right places?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.