Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Sand Scorcher ESC problem 11 years 1 month ago #18395

Good, you've already investigated! In that case I'd say it can only be a dodgy connection or the ESC unhappy about something. Have the Orange & Spektrum RXs got BEC? - It might even be possible that running the 2x BECs in series (The RX & ESC) could be causing the problem, ie the ESC might be ok but it just doesn't like being hooked up to the Spekky stuff? What's the motor doing when the servo's jittering?

Just out of interest, have you tried the setup with the RX powered from a different source?
ie connect only the ESC signal & 0v to the RX (Not the +ve) & power the RX with a separate 4.8-6v battery. If the problem is anything to do with voltages &/or mismatched equipment, this test should show it up (If the jitter goes away).
The following user(s) Liked this: Shadow-D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New Sand Scorcher ESC problem 11 years 1 month ago #18800

Well time for another update...
I changed out to a 5 cell battery that put together hoping it would fix the issue... It did... The ESC was turned off at the switch but started to burn up... I removed the battery after maybe 30 - 45 seconds but the heat sink on the ESC was too hot too touch.

At this point I think the ESC is bad so I guess I'm going to another speed control :(

Thanks for the input folks.

New Sand Scorcher ESC problem 11 years 1 month ago #18805

I'd say the ESC had a dodgy voltage regulator (What reduces voltage for the internal intelligent chips) - would explain the jittery servo & why it took so long to get hot (Bummed FETs usually fry a lot faster than 30sec, usually with smoke). Yep, new ESC it is then...
The following user(s) Liked this: Shadow-D

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.