Keyword

TOPIC:

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22670

Cool thanks. They are selling these on ebay too.

Are you in a rush for the body mount. I haven't checked if I need it yet or can get a replacement

J

edit: can you point out which bit you are referring to?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by protean.

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22671

The part in the red circle is the bit I'm after. Don't worry, I'm in no rush.

The part with the green arrow is the body mount for the Frog body. You need a metal insert to go in it.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22720

So.....

I've got as far as I can again. Bumped into a few missing parts

4mm O rings (rod bag)
Reinforcing plate (press parts bag), I see there's a fibre glass original on ebay.
One 3x30mm screw (bag B )
Plastic part C12 (motor cap?)

I might try and cobble some more together to see if there's any last missing parts before hitting the shops again.

One of the uprights has come apart. Any suggestions fro this? I was going to just use Araldite :)

Attachments:

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22721

Hi Martin,

You may have the body mount. I was wondering if you had a spare C12 plastic part as a swap maybe? :)

Cheers

John

Last edit: by protean.

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22741

Hi Martin,

You may have the body mount. I was wondering if you had a spare C12 plastic part as a swap maybe? :)

Cheers

John

Thanks. Sorry I haven't got a spare C12 part. I used one from a Hornet which seemed to fit OK. Might be worth looking on ebay for Hornet/Grasshopper parts lots?
I've got some vintage oil-filled shocks for a Frog if you like?

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22747

So.....

One of the uprights has come apart. Any suggestions fro this? I was going to just use Araldite :)

If you can get the surface scrupulously clean & the parts are still a goo tight fit then that might work - but a more permanent fix I saw was to bolt it together.

That will take a bit of time (& some tools) - drill the splined end of the loose shaft to 2.5mm & tap (M3) the hole; drill the cast part (3mm) & countersink the back; fix the two together with an M3 countersunk machine screw & threadlock.

:)

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22783

I've got some vintage oil-filled shocks for a Frog if you like?

Is that a fair trade, it would be cool to have them though? I don't think I'll ever need the body mount so can send it to gratis.

PM me your delivery address.

J

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22784

If you can get the surface scrupulously clean & the parts are still a goo tight fit then that might work - but a more permanent fix I saw was to bolt it together.

That will take a bit of time (& some tools) - drill the splined end of the loose shaft to 2.5mm & tap (M3) the hole; drill the cast part (3mm) & countersink the back; fix the two together with an M3 countersunk machine screw & threadlock.

:)

One of the arms has a hole it it just as you describe. Looks like someone else had the same idea although its missing the other parts of the fix.

I've discovered lots of other things like odd screws being used, radius arms bent which I've now bent back, a lot of anti wear grease in the gearbox and other assorted oddness.

J

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22785

And now a question about that graffiti remover. Do I need to get a plastic save variety or will the standard d solv be OK? For the wheels that is. The rear rims are grey and the front ones slightly off white which the red paint has kind of stained so I'll need to paint them to cover that and the fact they don't match :S

J

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #22788

The Frog/Brat is also related to Monster Beetle & Blackfoot. Gearbox and rearparts are nearly the same or switchable. For eg i've bought a re-frog rear axle 'cause the original BF is a holy crap. If you want, i can send you the cover of the rear axles. It's not cracked as yours.

Have a look here: www.blackholesu...erB_US.php

Last edit: by funkindemup.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.