Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23794

Hi All,
I am building one of these and its my first build.So far so good,but I am slow!.
I have a problem in that in a bag in the box is a small wiring harness.
This is not listed in the parts list and I am worried as to what it is.
Should I fit it or not?

It has 3 wires going in with connectors,2 are orange and grey in one end and the other end has a white and orange wire.These go in to a black covered female connector which seems to have a tiny circuit board mounted on it,all covered in black pvc.

The wire colours match up to the turret rotation motor and the machine gun.

I cannot see any mention of it in the instructions,so I am hoping some clever person can advise me if this needs to go in or its a stray bit in my box which seems unlikely.
It is a brand new kit I am doing.
Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23797

:) It depends if it is a full options kit or not. In the full option version you have the sound, the .50 machine gun light the canon wich come back when you shoot, head and rear lights and all the tank who move when you shoot. Maybe this wiring is to connect a module or to connect the battle module set.
It is a very nice kit :y:

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23800

show us some pictures of the build that might help (and cure our curiosity :whistle: )

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23809

Hi,
thank you for the replys.Here is a picture so far.I am making it up as a M51 as much as I can.The kit was a gift from domestic management.Could not get a Super Sherman I was told.I am not sure where it came from.I was very pleased to get it.

I am buying bits to complete,well thought I had,but seems i need more.This is costly as I got a lot from the AAF tank museum in the USA and got stung for ostage,imort duty and Royal mail handling fees.But still I am enjoying it and have found some UK people now who do parts.Bit late though,Still thiking about a MFO7 unit and a longer flash unit.I may get these as money allows.

Here are pictures of my stray harness which is worrying me!
Thank you.

Attachments:

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23811

no mention of that part in the manual at all, so maybe just a stray extra. :huh:

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23820

:unsure: In my mide, it is the harness for to combat battle unit. From your picts you have a full option kit. and the combat unit is the only option you can have with it.

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23838

Don't think it's for the IR batttle unit, i have one myself and i thought the unit had 2 seperate wires. Maybe i have the instructions somewhere....

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23842

I'd rather go for simple Y wiring for the lights...
Couldn't find anythig that looks similar from Tamiya. Maybe some after market light wiring. :blink:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23845

cant see quite right on the picture (bit fuzzy)
bit looks like there is some electronics under the shrink wrap and one connector for a plug.
then the two plugs on the left look male and female and the one on the right looks like a plug that would connect to a MFU.

:blink: mmm very intriguing :cheer:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Sherman tank 56014 model kit number. 10 years 8 months ago #23849

Thank you all for your answers.The black pvc covering material has a female socket in it and it appears a small pcb under it.
It came in the kit with all the other bags in that section,wires same size as other Tamiya ones and colours match up.

But nervous of fitting it and damaging something if its not needed.

The instructions are good with studying well I find,so am surprised its not mentioned.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.