Keyword

TOPIC:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26672

Stage 3 &4 attaching diff and motor its worth noting here that the previous builder had been holding the motor in with tapping screws :blush: as a result one of the motor threads was a little rough but after passing the proper screw through a few times went in well and tightened up very well thankfully or i would have had to source a replacement motor or re-cut the threads.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26673

Stage 5 & 6 attaching gears and gear cover

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26674

Stage 7 & 8 rear lower arms and attachment of rear lower arms

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26675

Stage 9 & 10 Rear uprights and attaching drive shafts

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26676

Stage 11 Front section

Stage 12 Front lower arms

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26677

Stage 13 attaching front arms

Stage 14 Front axle fitting

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26678

Stage 15 16 and 17 assembling steering rods/ steering linkage and attaching steering mechanism. its worth noting here that the original builder had failed to use the correct screws two MB7 3 x 15mm to attach the steering mechanism on to the mounting towers. they had only used 3x 10mm which was allowing the securing caps to rotate with the steering not locking them in to their correct position.

Also when stripping the chassis down i noted the steering was quite stiff further investigation showed the front uprights had been mounted upside down which threw the whole sterring assembly off slightly causing the stiffness. with both these problems corrected the steering mechanism is much smoother.

Sadly some ape has used pliers to hold the steering rods while screwing the end caps on which has resulted in some scratching. they still function fine they just dont look pretty.

Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26679

Im now on to stage 18 in the manual assembling the dampers but i have hit a wall here as the internal rubber tubing was not fitted when the chassis was originally built and i dont have any in my spares at the moment so ill update when i manage to substitute something if anyone has any suggestions im all ears :y:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26693

:) No real utility for the rubber tube. The best is to put a pair of black CVAs.
If you want, I have 2 bodies for sell: 1giulia new just painted and a 911 996 in good used condition
For the M02M ;)

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26695

Im now on to stage 18 in the manual assembling the dampers but i have hit a wall here as the internal rubber tubing was not fitted when the chassis was originally built and i dont have any in my spares at the moment so ill update when i manage to substitute something if anyone has any suggestions im all ears :y:

Garden irrigation tube :blink:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.