Keyword

TOPIC:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26696

It's never going to be as good as decent oil shocks, but the tube does provide some damping effect as it causes friction on the outside of the shock shaft head ...

You need 5mm ID, 8mm OD rubber tube - note that this is (relatively speaking) "thin wall" tubing, most plain stuff sold by the ID will be more like 9.5mm, reinforced tube will probably be thicker still ... I don't know what size Andy's suggestion is, but I know something that is - try searching for "5080 tube" - it's used on slingshots & is available in a variety of colours, including lime green :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26698

Thanks for the help and advice :y: I went through my spares again last night and found a small section that is just enough to do the job :woohoo: so progress can continue :y:

Stingray i was gonna leave the body until next year owing to christmas and bieng skint but im definitely interested in one of those bodies if you can put some pics up and we can agree on a price it would be a massive help :y:

Thanks

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26699

www.tamiyabase....Itemid=476
Here are picts of the 996
For the alfa giulia it is new in boxart you can see it in my topic my mess...
But I could make others picts of the giulia
PS don't see the date on the picts it come from my kodak and not the good.
Cheers

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26700

Im interested in tha Alfa body pm me your best price ;)

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26703

I thought I had seen that body, it's in your my small collection thread stingray :P

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26704

Looks great thanks for a great deal on that stingray looking forward to receiving it :y:

Had a look through the boxes in my attic and have found a new set of silver mini lite wheels that should look nice with this i was thinking of getting some rally block tyres to go on them

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26707

Tonight i have built up the two pogo stick shocks and to be honest im not happy with them im thinking of looking for some oil shocks. i think they need to be around 55mm?

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26710

i was thinking of getting some rally block tyres to go on them

How you think you'll rally it :ohmy:

How you'll actually rally it :laugh:

I'm super impressed with my little 01 but being fwd I think I need to add some weight at the front fir grip :ohmy: :laugh: Plenty of fun to race around on the deck :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26712

Looks great with that mini body :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

M-02 Rebuild 10 years 4 months ago #26726

Ok firstly i need to apologise i got a little carried away this evening and missed a few stages of the build out including screwing the chassis halves together attaching the front and rear gearboxes to the chassis and fitting a couple of servo's. here is how it currently sits:

I have hit upon another hurdle with the chassis however which has left me a little confused. As already stated i accidentally purchased a medium length chassis so im building a 225mm wheelbase version. The manual i downloaded to carry out the rebuild just so happened to be from the Honda s800 m02m chassis. so in theory the manual should match the chassis im building perfectly. I followed the manual and in section 22 it shows the construction of the steering adjuster rod. The manual shows a measurement of 73mm as the correct length which is what the arm had already been set to by the original builder of the short chassis i had originally. however when i fitted it to the car it is quite a lot shorter than required?? see pic. I dont think im going mad or senile yet but i think im going to need a longer arm. Does anyone know where i can pick one up? This might be going back in its box and back in the attic soon :evil:

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.