Keyword

TOPIC:

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27307

I also have a question about oil shocks.

If I want to change the oil in the CVA's I ordered, is there a special way to do that or do they come where you add the oil itself later on? Im completely clueless, I have never dealt w/ oil shocks before.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27308

:) If you want a very low cost oïl for your MP, you can use PAIC liquid soap. Enough soft for the big wheeles. In more, it smelt lemon :lol: :silly:
PS your avatar is very funny Hi kitty :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: ericenders

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27309

Hahahaha, thanks. It would be like having an air freshener for the truck!

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27311

:laugh: exactly!
I restore my falcon shocks last week with liquid soap and the result is better than the original hard oïl. It was a low cost solution I learnd in a RC magazine a lot of years ago. It has a good viscosity for classic runs.

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27312

Im not familiar w/ this PAIC Soap, dont think I Can get it here in the States, irregardless i have never heard of it. Do any other liquid soaps work that you know of?

Thank you.

Re:Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27313

So when you run your car when it is wet outside it starts foaming and looks like it has rabies? :woohoo: cool.
The following user(s) Liked this: ericenders

Last edit: by waterbok.

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27315

should I look on eBay also for MP body mounts?

If you think that's going to help, then fill your boots :y:

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27316

I also have a question about oil shocks.

If I want to change the oil in the CVA's I ordered, is there a special way to do that or do they come where you add the oil itself later on? Im completely clueless, I have never dealt w/ oil shocks before.

Tamiya CVA shocks come as kit you build yourself... you can build them to specific lengths to suit different cars (with or without internal spacers, different length bottom links), and with different damping rates (pistons with different size holes) the oil is added as one of the steps.

Tamiya oil (they call it 40 weight, other manufacturers call it 400) is on the heavy (viscous) side but I don't see any need to change it as it's a good enough match to most Tamiya chassis.

CVA shocks only tend to leak significantly when the o-ring seals or shafts are damaged - usually down to poor assembly - make sure you oil the threads on the shaft before you insert them, and don't used pliers with serrated jaws directly on the shafts. They can also leak if they are overfilled, and of course due to wear after long service, at which point you should be thinking about a rebuild with new seals, not just changing the oil.

Using liquid soap in shocks is a poor idea - for a start it's designed to foam up :whistle:

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27318

Using liquid soap in shocks is a poor idea - for a start it's designed to foam up :whistle:

DIY aeration dampers. :lol:

Last edit: by waterbok.

Midnight Pumpkin or Frog? 10 years 2 months ago #27321

:laugh: Now I know how to make a foaming car :silly:
And a drifter for a very low cost :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jonny I know that it is not the better idea but when you haven't enough oïl and in the urgency it is not so poor.

Paic is a trade and all dish liquid soap make the joke :P

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.