Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34832

Dream come true for me! Always wanted one since the age of about 12 and at 39 years old, I completed the build today. Only thing left to do is to install electronics but shes so stunning ill give her a run once or twice and then on the shelf she'll go. Build was by far my most enjoyable and the quality of the parts really is second to none. Question is, do I stick the decals on? Honestly guys, looking at it the way it is, its so elegant. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Edou, stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mooose.

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34833

I hear what you're saying, and it doesn't help that the decals are a bit on the lame side. "Being Nuts is Neat" is quite a bad as the Terra Conqueror's grammatically odd "Go'en for Broke" though :whistle:

I'd be tempted to put the pair of black faux ductwork opening decals + the window borders on, as those at least are "functional".

Nice car BTW, I would have like to see some build pics as it's been a long time since I've had my paws on one of these.

:)

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34836

:y: Always so nice. The blue box art is very pretty. Desapointed that my bodies are metalic green and aloy colored.

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34837

I hear what you're saying, and it doesn't help that the decals are a bit on the lame side. "Being Nuts is Neat" is quite a bad as the Terra Conqueror's grammatically odd "Go'en for Broke" though :whistle:

It could be worse if Tamiya decided to add one of these to a kit decal sheet :silly:

scored this sheet a week ago :laugh:

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34839

:lol: fun decals :y:

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34841

Nice car BTW, I would have like to see some build pics as it's been a long time since I've had my paws on one of these.

:)

Just for you Jonny ;)

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: fixed the quote

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34842

Last edit: by Mooose.

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34843

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34844

and finally... :laugh:

Attachments:

Tamiya Avante 2011 8 years 8 months ago #34845

Very nice Avante and build pictures.
Decals or not... I agree the body looks stunning as it is now, but I think a few decals could highlight it even more :)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.