Keyword

TOPIC:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40866

About time to start a thread for these beasties, Now that I have 3 :) The first one I picked up was a Mountain Rider in reasonable condition from the USA, Really the only thing wrong with it is the black paint job IMO. Next is again a very tidy Ford F350 So far all I have done is change the wheels, but this will get a rebuild if to only upgrade it to full bearings :y: Lastly is my latest pickup in a Hilux High lift, This one really is in a bad state :sick: the chassis is missing multiple parts and is a miss mash of screws :ohmy: Then there is the body :sick: :sick: :sick: :blush: Well this is probably the worst paint work I have seen :pinch:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40867

So for what ever reason I started rebuilding the Hilux High Lift first, Maybe I felt sorry for it :S

I started rebuilding the Hilux Highlift chassis, Wow there was so many wrong screws in this thing :sick: After pulling it down I made some progress reassembling :)

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40868

I made some great progress on the Hilux and now have it back to a roller :y: The suspension did fight me a bit, but I now have the steering, gear change and body mount's all on (I even managed to drive it around the workshop :) )

I had to make some spacers for the rear suspension hangers and have placed an order for a few other parts that are missing :whistle: Also I plan on doing a 12mm body drop just to tidy up the look :)

Attachments:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40870

Attachments:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40871

And now I have blasted the body :) still a few areas to clean up but It already looks much better :y:

Attachments:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40872

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40874

Nice :y:
Andy, you never were inerested by a truck like the aeromax or the king hauler? You could build a road train

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40890

Nice :y:
Andy, you never were inerested by a truck like the aeromax or the king hauler? You could build a road train

I have definitely thought about it, I have even bid on a couple in the past :ohmy: But at the end of the day it would be a luxurious waste :dry: I'm even planning on moving out all my onroad cars because I just don't use them :whistle:

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40900

The Hi lux body on the hi lift is the same mold as the bruiser?

Seconding Stingray's suggestion, a king hauler with a two floor low bed trailer with the trucks on it, could a "Truck carrying trucks truck"

Andy's 3 speed's ............ 7 years 6 months ago #40905

Sure! Haulers aren't the easier RCs to drive. Mines ran only 3 times each. 1 for the run tests and the twin others or an exibition on the 1:1 Montlhery track. (An historical french track).

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.