Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 6 months ago #45898

Posting my first one about my buggy. Its been around the block but has been given a new life recently.

I got myself a Lunchbox ReRe earlier in the year and ended up reviving my DT01 too.

The space insect buggy had a hard life up to now and needed some attention. The gearbox was cracked around the central pivot, front suspension towers cracked, mismatched shocks, worn suspension arms, corroded tires, missing driver, missing motor cover and an ever elusive battery stay. I wont even mention the condition of the shell.

I began stripping the whole thing to see what was needed on top of all the above-mentioned parts. To my surprise I found a pinion in almost perfect condition compared to the rest of the chassis. The rest of the gearbox just needed a clean too! Diff was stripped and soaked in Turpentine for a couple of hours. Came out almost brand new.

Did some research and ordered the following parts:

1x A-Parts Bag
1x D-Parts Bag
1x Gearbox Case L/R
1x C-Spares Bag
1x CVA Mini Set
1x CVA Short set
All new bearings in the gearbox
1x Sport Tuned Motor (putting the Johnson 4-Slot in the cupboard)
1x Set 53084 Rear Tires
1x Set 53088 Front Tires
2x 80mm Tie Rods for the steering.

Got everything and slowly started to build it up. The old radio is long gone so I went with a trusty old FlySky GT2E. Had the original Samox and Acoms servos still, which got replaced with a simple high speed Blue Bird budget unit during its first battery pack. I used a Quicrun 1060 since it was the easiest to get hold of and run it on NiMh batteries.

The old buggy runs like a dream. Its not as bad as I thought it would be after many, many years of not driving it.

The differential was treated with a full load of BNS grease, plastic steering links were thrown away, servo link was changed to a rod with balls...

After a couple of months of trying to motivate myself to start doing work to the body I was pleasantly surprised by one of the LHS' with a NOS shell and decal set. What a surprise that was. Applied the decals and finished the car off for some pics this morning.

Hope you like it:

A Crude Modification here with a shoulder collar to prevent future disappearances of the stay:

Final things that I will do to it is find a driver, fit a Tamiya ESC as soon as I find one for a good price and I am contemplating ordering a Tamiya Servo.
The following user(s) Liked this: Simianosaurus

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by HugoBiermann.

Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 6 months ago #45900

Welcome to TamiyaBase, Hugo!
Your Fighter Buggy RX looks more or less brand new, just how I like them :-)
-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 6 months ago #45902

Welcome Hugo.
You offered us a beautifull resto.
With nice options.
You can find a teu 101 or 105 esc for a good price on ebay.

Re:Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 6 months ago #46002

Thanks!

Got an 105 and Tamiya servo on its way. Driver will be next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 6 months ago #46007

Dude.

Re:Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 4 months ago #46706

The ESC and Servo came in eventually. Also got the buggy a driver again. The cool shop actually gave him to me. They refused to take money.

Some pics after running it on the field outside my house. Also fitted the Tamiya 17t DT02 steel pinion.

Hugo
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re:Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 4 months ago #46707

It looks pretty nice.
The following user(s) Liked this: HugoBiermann

Re:Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 4 months ago #46720

Very clean looking buggy B) (I wish my grass was that green :S :blush: ;) )
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: HugoBiermann

Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 4 months ago #46724

Thanks gents!

Last part is on its way. The ever elusive pinion cover. Buggy will be complete when thats on.

Hugo

Last edit: by HugoBiermann.

Re:Fighter Buggy RX 6 years 2 months ago #48119

Finally complete with hopups and some upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.