Keyword

TOPIC:

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51463

Because I want to add an interior, I can't just keep the stock tinted windows. However, I won't be adding a complete interior all the way to the back so I need to retain the tinted rear windows and sun roof. I did this by cutting away the front windows and windshield.
The new clear windows are just flat sheets of polycarbonate so I couldn't screw them in like the old plastic windows. Instead I used clear double sided tape which I was able to hide pretty successfully.
I ordered a very nice interior set at the same time as the roof rack and bumper but I ran into quite a few problems with it. The set comes with a complete detailed dash and interior door panels. The dash fit the body wonderfully, but when I tried to install the body on the chassis it didn't fit. In the fine print it says that it doesn't actually fit the CC-01 chassis without trimming, and it take a lot of trimming. I had to cut away almost the whole center of the dash to clear the motor. I also couldn't use the door inside panels. Still, it looks OK through the windows which was the whole point.
I used a Tamiya 1/10 scale 4x4 driver figure, but I had to heavily mutilate him to make him fit. Only the top of the torso and arms are present. Under that is a flat black metal sheet to hide the internal wiring and support the driver. I also carved some very simple set backs from balsa. Not sure if you can even quite see them through the window. After 4 upgrade phases, I think this thing might finally be done. Of course it could always use some scale accessories in that roof rack ....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51464

These photos were taken when I finished the truck prior to any upgrades being installed. Most of the intial upgrades are invisible from the outside anyway, but the lack of LED lighting is noticeable.
I found the following picture of a real Montero painted a similar color and even using the fog lights which looks a whole lot like my model Pajero.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51465

The following photos were taken after all the final upgrades were installed including bumper, winch, roof rack, lights, and interior.

The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, stingray-63

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51466

Final before and after upgrades:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51468

Amazing work blackbird. Top.

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51472

Nice work :y:

If you follow Matteo on Youtube he as done a clever work of a interior on his Pajero.
He also share lots of good tips as well along the way in his videos :y:

My 08 re-re Pajero is now a Bronco which I've fitted GPM steering bellcrank and rear suspension mounts.
I made my own links with Traxxas rod ends as they are one of the strongest out there.

My CC01 have been everywhere, including under water.
55t motor is what I've found to work best regarding torque vs speed.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51474

My wrangler / pajero worked very well and it only had bearings. But your scale treatment are fantastic.
Richard have you picts of yours?

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51477

My wrangler / pajero worked very well and it only had bearings. But your scale treatment are fantastic.
Richard have you picts of yours?

I'll be making a thread me thinks :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51479

I always loves interiors in rc. Especially scale ones like bruiser etc.

Blakbird's 47331 Pajero Build 5 years 8 months ago #51480

Nice work :y:
If you follow Matteo on Youtube he as done a clever work of a interior on his Pajero.
He also share lots of good tips as well along the way in his videos :y:

Yes, I was influenced heavily by Matteo for this build. I should have credited him. His video led me to the front bumper and roof rack I used. My interior setup is very similar to what he did except that I added the dash kit that one of his friends used in another video.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.