Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blakbird's 58004 XR311 Build 4 years 6 months ago #56371

Lovely thread this one, and Blakbird's documentation of the build is very informative. I adore Tamiya's XR311 even though the model has many flaws, I built one myself abot two years ago.

As a reflection of the original terrain vehicle it promotes only its outside looks, which ofcourse are spot on, and that funny torsion suspension. However not its basic properties like 4WD, ground clearance, motor position and weight distribution. Which is what I found several of Tamiya's real-life models sadly ommit. I guess they remedied it with their TA01/Hummer combination later, but I am still hoping for a 'fixed' re-release of the XR311 with its perfect body, just a re-worked chassi.

Here's what I mean by ground clearance. The body is an almost perfect replica, but then you see the chassi dragging under it, making clearance too small for any off roader. It should all be tucked inside the body.

Oh and that servo saver for steering is too soft. I was looking for something more robust but I just can't find anything to replace it with. Perhaps there's a simple hack to remove it completely?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by uncletom.

Blakbird's 58004 XR311 Build 4 years 6 months ago #56374

You can use a rylsan collar to. ;)

Blakbird's 58004 XR311 Build 4 years 6 months ago #56377

Ok, but what is that?

Blakbird's 58004 XR311 Build 4 years 6 months ago #56380

the small plastic collars wich maintain the wire on chassis.
Attachments:

Blakbird's 58004 XR311 Build 4 years 6 months ago #56381

Awesome information about the XR! And very nice build. Well done mate
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.