Keyword

TOPIC:

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65396

Well, first, it is not one but multiple (not sure which will be built first)... Second, none of them is a crawler :-D.

My approach was that soon kids will be in vacation, and the target was to mount a kit with my daughter and one with my son... In fairness, I went a little bit off board when keying the order (but I didn't want to pay fo shipment for a single DT03 chassis for my son, so I had to do something 
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65398

Say it . Nous zavons les moyens de vous faire parler.... :D alleezzzzz....
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65400

Well... Only thing I can say : one of the kits is savoyarde ready, just in case my daughter wants to participate. It's for me, it will be black, but I'll do a fluorescent body for when my daughter is using it, and this is the one I'll built with my daughter... It's already too much indications, somehow :-D (and this one is definitely not on the dark side, even though it will be black) :-D

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65402

A lunchy black édition or a grasshopper black édition or a black foot rere
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65403

Only time will tell :-D

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65404

Meeeheuuuuuuuu. I found?

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65438

Finished (or almost as there is few details I may want to improve)...
The pilote figure is done

I mounted it, added one sticker on the wing, and leds installation was completed within the week and that's it...

I may want to add some space between the roof and the pilot figure, so he can see the road... Not sure he can't see anything right now, but at least he doesn't require sunglasses   and he won't be afraid when the car runs

That's done...

Now will have to take care of the big box :-D

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65469

Modify today the Super Storm Dragon and the Hornet with Ampro Engineering battery door with retainer tabs, and body clips.

No problem with my son's NiMH battery packs. My Robitronic doesn't work anymore as they are a bit too long. Will have to find shorter packs (Yuki Model Brainergy 2S 4000mAH/45C or Gartpot 2S 4000mAH/40C are known to work but not always in inventory)...

Anycase, my son won't lost the battery door anymore...
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65470

Nice B) That was always a problem BITD, hit the wrong sort of bump (or some times at random) & you'd lose the battery door, the battery would get disconnected & skitter across the ground & the car would either grind to a halt (pre-BEC) or smack into something hard (post BEC) :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 2 years 11 months ago #65471

Once, My son used his Super Storm Dragon once on a track with bumps. And he lost his battery door... The battery didn't fall, not sure where he lost it, but maybe it was directly on the parking (he did lost once already that morning, and I thought he just put the battery door incorrectly, so I replaced it correctly at that time)...

Somehow, it is a bit of my mistake, as I did not checked the cars before we put them in the box and leave the track as I was already a bit late to get back on time at home for lunch. Anycase, this is a definitive fix for this issue...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.