Keyword

TOPIC:

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 1 week ago #65511

Well, the Marui Hunter chassis was broken, and the whole gearing as well (there was no ball bearings, and the copper bearings just ate the chassis, and it killed the gearing and the chassis before I understood what happened - had no one to teach me, so learned the hard way. Today, I believe I could repair it, but I no longer have it). All the r/c stuff was in a box at my parents home. They did some cleaning at some point, and I guess my brother or the son of my brother did catch a lot of stuff. He got my Chevy, and played with it... And he broke it. My brother told me they put it in the bin few months ago. This is a shame, as there is still a lot of parts you can find easily...

Anycase, I regret both of them;
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 1 week ago #65512

Tamiyabase gave me the vintage addiction virus...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 1 week ago #65639

Small updates..
My Hornet got lights on the front side..

and on the rear side...

Ok, that's not lighting anything, but at least it is visible...

And my son did work on the finish on the body shell of the Super Storm Dragon after I prepared his dragons on the plotter

And here is the final result...

He is very happy with the result, but that was a bit hard to transfer... Next we need to add lighting on the car... And he needs to take care of the driver (but not sure he will do that :-D)
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 1 week ago #65640

Terrible.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 5 days ago #65678

Finally found a use for the infamous plastic bearings included in Tamiya kits I never use during the builds: I use them while painting rims ...

Wanted to have fluorescent orange rims, and the starting point was black so no ways to dye them. I decided to paint them using TS spray. Time only will tell if it is ok (but I don't really care, it is to finish my Hornet for the race, and it may be damaged, I won't really care, the original rims will be still intactà.

Here is the final result on the Hornet

It may change the weight partition slightly, as the front is up from a few millimeters, I may have to tweak it a bit with a weight on the front or somewhere else at the time I'll try...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 5 days ago #65681

Star dish rims are always nice.  My father puted lead on the front of my madcap. It was easier to drive.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 5 days ago #65682

The fact is, with the suspension and the way the Hornet moves by jumps rather than smooth ride, driving it is definitely not easy as the front wheels are definitely not often on the ground... I noticed that the DT03 racing fighter front tires are more efficient than the ones of the DT03 Neo Fighter, as they are slightly more directives. I believe it should improve a bit when the wheels will touch the ground...

And definitely, adding weight on the front is something I'm considering as it should reduce the impact of the multiple bounces coming from the rear suspension... Will need to test this out. By the way, it may be good as well for the DT03 on the grass (definitely not needed on asphalt, as the front doesn't tend to move up on there, while it is definitely the case on the grass)...

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 5 days ago #65684

I have spikes tires all around my dt03. More efficient than the lined at the front.

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 5 days ago #65685

I believe you have a DT03 Neo Fighter... The Racing fighter front wheels and tires are not as wide as the ones from the Neo Fighter. It makes a big difference while driving on grass or other non perfect road. I never tried with spikes front tires, as I'm not sure which ones could match the rims...

My Tamiya Re-Release Hornet for the Savoyarde 540 Cup... 3 years 5 days ago #65691

All spikes tires are more efficient :D

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.