Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65767

It is very similr to the parma.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65769

Is that one of the bodies from Kamtec?

Yes it is... It may be slightly less detailed than the parma, looking at Flo's pictures...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65771

This afternoon was chassis build continuation
Warning: Spoiler!

First the rear springs (dampers will be for later, I want to sense the difference between springs and dampers)

Then I mounted the battery holder

I believe the triangles are exactly the same as the Hornet, but I may be wrong

After that remained the front suspension and springs and the wheels

So it was very quickly finished...

Then as Flo did mention "Barbapapa" regarding the painted body, this idea turned in my mind while I was finishing the chassis with my daughter (Thanks FLo for this great hint !). She kinda liked the idea of "Barbapapa's lunchbox"... So I had to do something... I had already the scan of the Lunchbox logo, I added Barbapapa's on top, and decided to go for this and cutted a few vynils in the color chosen by my daughter in order to start something. But that was not enough... Found something else that I cut in black and added... I told my daughter I will do something she will like but I also told her that she'll see only when it's done...

Than I spent the rest of the afternoon to put the stickers on the body... 

In short, thanks Flo, without this mention of Barbapapa in the other thread, I would not have this great idea. That exactly what separate a build from a great build :-D
Maybe I should add a tamiyabase sticker somewhere, but is there any?

And guess, my daughter loves her new Lunchy body. The Lunchy is mine, she can borrow it, but I kinda like the body as well now (even though, personally, I would not have chosen the pink :-D). Anycase, I still have the shelf body to do, and my runner body (but not for today, I already spend my day on this. That should give me another few week-ends of activity before I start the SuperHotShot...

The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, Lemsko, the11th, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65774

That's a honor. Too glad to see barbapapa. For the tamyabase stickers Jonny had this project.

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65778

Barbapapa brings back a lot of great memories from my childhood. Nice design. What cutter do you have. I can't do very small letters on my cutter. 10mm is about the smallest for me. 

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65779

That looks awesome!
I have a mate that loves everything pink. One of his nitro buggies was painted pink lol.

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65780

Barbapapa brings back a lot of great memories from my childhood. Nice design. What cutter do you have. I can't do very small letters on my cutter. 10mm is about the smallest for me. 

I use a Silhouette Cameo 4; with the time I can do things I was not able to do few weeks ago. I also found out it was easier to transfer the whole vinyl and to remove the part that needs to be removed afterwards : it is definitely easier this way... Now if you look carefully on the pictures, the lunchbox logo is in 3 size on the body. Right and Left are bigger, back and top medium and front lower size. The bigger size may give an idea about the limit to have something perfect. That being said, I don't think I would have similar success to get the same result in paint (with mask reverse cutted), just because it might be even more difficult to remove after a few layers of paint (I may still want to try that :-) )
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65782

Yes it is easier to weed the design on the car for the smaller stuff. The cameo 4 is a great machine.  I have a 24" 12yr old cutter. it does what i need it to.

I  don't think I would attempt to paint it either.  Nice job.

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65783

Oh ys Tamiyabase stickers would be fantastic, definitely would buy some!
Viva la e po' bom
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Lunchbox Black Edition - A build with my daughter... 3 years 3 days ago #65784

I did cut a few TamiyaBase.com decals, but TBH they were very basic & I couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to do anything with them. As you've got a cutter I'd suggest a DIY approach, the font is Verdana, Bold apparently :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, TamiyafanTrieste, silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.