Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blakbird's 58681 TC-01 Formula-E Build 2 years 11 months ago #66342

Now I've masked and sprayed all the parts.  Most of the parts use only a single color, but the main body requires a complex mask profile which took a considerable amount of time.  PS paints are used for all the polycarbonate parts, and TS paints are used for the hard plastic parts which include the halo, the mirrors, and the helmet.  I also went back and painted flat clear over the driver so he wouldn't be shiny.     
Here is the painted main body with the side pods attached and the overspray film removed.  On the right I've attached the remaining poly parts and also started on the first few stickers which represent the blue leading edge stripes on the wing.  These were hard.

After many more hours I've completed the decals and attached the hard plastic parts as shown.  Front and rear quarter views are shown.  There are a lot of open areas in this body which make it weak, but luckily it is well supported by the body.

Now the body has been attached to the chassis completing the model.  There is very little room underneath for anything.  The front splitter completely protects the front of the body so there is really little chance of damaging it unless you roll the car over.  The only sticker on the chassis is the tail light.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blakbird's 58681 TC-01 Formula-E Build 2 years 11 months ago #66343

This is one of the most stunningly detailed and scale accurate bodies I have ever seen.  It takes a lot of work to turn this kit into reality but the effort is well worth it.  Now if I can keep it on all four wheels it should stay looking great.

Here are a couple of pictures of the real car which reveal how accurate the model is.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by blakbird.

Blakbird's 58681 TC-01 Formula-E Build 2 years 11 months ago #66345

Wahoo very very complex body . It looks more like a batmobile than a f1. It looks nice. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Blakbird's 58681 TC-01 Formula-E Build 2 years 11 months ago #66391

Wow really nice work there !

It's always a pleasure to read and look at your build threads.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Blakbird's 58681 TC-01 Formula-E Build 2 years 5 months ago #69121

I started to look into on-road kits because the clubs I registered recently offer possibility of indoor runs or outdoor on-road tracks. And I don't have yet an on-road chassis...

And I love challenging and complex builds... I must say the conclusion after having read the thread in details that this one just reached the very top of my wish list for on road cars... I still have hesitation between this one and a Kyosho Fantom 4WD for other reasons, but yeah. It will be this one or the Fantom :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.