Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blakbird's 58678 Comical Avante Build 2 years 11 months ago #66493

Thanks for testing blackbird 
Good to know they are 1.9" which I had a suspection of 
The solution would be either  gluing a pair of tires together, or just narrow the stock Lunchbox/GF01 wheels depending if you want to use hex adapter or the orginal Lunchbox one..
Section the Lunchbox wheels should be easy, just use a lathe or a drill/hacksaw and cut to the width you want and the eiter sleeve with a tube or a strip of styrene.

I've found out the CB Avante rear tires are 99mm in diameter which is 16mm shorter than Lunchbox.
Should lower a stock Lunchbox and improve the handling (I'm currently running 2.2" with stadium truck tires on my re-re, and that have too much grip actually now and then... )
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blakbird's 58678 Comical Avante Build 2 years 11 months ago #66504

How much do you think we could get away with width wise?  If LB wheels are 65mm wide Do you think they would stretch onto 55mm or would it be too much? 

The CB tires are pretty stiff, and they are also toroidal (doughnut shaped), not flat bottomed.  I think stretching them would be a problem.  I suspect you could physically get them onto 55mm wheels but it would look very strange.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Blakbird's 58678 Comical Avante Build 2 years 11 months ago #66505

Thanks for testing blackbird 
Good to know they are 1.9" which I had a suspection of 

They are actually the equivalent of 2.2".

I will be interested to see if you guys can find a way to get them on a LB or MP.  You'll lose some of the bounce but gain traction.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Blakbird's 58678 Comical Avante Build 2 years 10 months ago #66903

I just found this on FB.
This is Mad Bull wheels with those Avante rear tires, and Mad Bull use the same wheels as Lunchbox, only difference is the hex fitment in the rear.
So yes Comical Avante rear tires will fit Lunchbo wheels.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Blakbird's 58678 Comical Avante Build 2 years 10 months ago #66904

Nice! Low ride lunchy. ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.