Keyword

TOPIC:

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68155

Comical Frog decals done, and managed to hide (or distract from) some of the paint defects.  I'm kinda thinking the Frog Racing decal on the roof would've looked better on the bonnet, replacing the Tamiya pseudo "NGK" decal.
I've left the front body posts un-cut, to give some rollover protection.  Will trim them down eventually.

Already had a few runs.  It is a fun car to drive, when my daughter lets me, and it does pop nice wheelies.  Also does nice backflips too if you stop to fast when reversing at full speed.  So I think the wheelie bar will get swapped around.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ducksnuts.

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68166

Brings back a lot of great memories of me and my daughter running her pink VW Bug into every stationary object in sight! LOL  

Wonderful job and good to see Dads doing this with their children.. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68169

Thanks Jim.
Yeh i keep saying "if you look at the parked car, you'll run into the parked car".
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68170

Lights done.  The driver voted for blue LED's as they were brighter than the purple.
They are non-diffused, so very bright front on.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by Ducksnuts.

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68180

UV purple leds are dangerous for eyes. I bought some monthes ago, but don't use them. Too bright for eyes and no real purple effect. Blue are nicer. For me.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68231

My son finished the Rising Fighter about a week ago, but we've been waiting for his replacement controller.  So on the w'end I set him up with my Rx/Tx.
Considering it's his first RC and did most of it himself, including the decals, it came out alright.

About an hour later, i have no idea what was going through the boys brain.  But must have been something about testing the impact strength of concrete kerbs.
He walks in the door asking if i could fix his car as it was broken.  Luckily it is all fixable.  But for now, it's packed away.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68233

Nice he did a good job. Strange feont arms look lighter than grasshopper ones.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 7 months ago #68250

Nice he did a good job. Strange feont arms look lighter than grasshopper ones.

Yeh, most of the parts are the Grasshopper 2.  The front arms are same as my Super Hornet.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69119

And here is the "Ragga Van".
Third car on the list, the Lunch Box chassis is a straight out-of-the-box build, so won't bore you with details.  The only change is flipping the wheelie-bar over, and I'll probably do some oil filled dampers.  I actually now have 3x body shells, Ragga Van, and on the to-do list 70's Retro Van, and thinking a "Frog" Lunchbox as have some paint and decals left over.

I'm still deciding if i should add some partial lunchbox logo's on the sides, so they look scrapped and sprayed over.
Lights should be done and installed later this week.

Some painting pics.

Paint and decals done. (and no, that's not a scratch around the F/L body mount, it's a piece of hair i didn't notice before taking shots    )

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69120

This is very nice lunchbox :)
One comment : ABS body is nice, but it add a lot of weight on top end. My son ran his CW-01 chassis with the Midnight Pumpkin ABS body yesterday (as it was Halloween), and his statement at the end is that the lexan Lunchbox body shell (Kamtec.co.uk) change it a lot. And his preference goes definitely towards the the Lexan shell...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.