Keyword

TOPIC:

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69145

TBH I don't think I've ever bought rubber bands, it really depends on what's in my "collection" (most of which are from incoming items of mail) that fits best at the time.

The dimensions to fill are 5mm wide x 154mm long, my guess is a #60 (1/4" x 1"3/4) or #61 (1/4" x 2") would be right, given that the band will get thinner & narrower as it's stretched, and you want a firm grip. 

With the power you're talking about I think you really need a different chassis, but a full bead of RT CA might stand a chance ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69146

With the power you're talking about I think you really need a different chassis, but a full bead of RT CA might stand a chance ;)

What a Lunchbox can work with in terms of power is quite surprising... Obviously, you need to reinforce a few things, but it is a very good basis at start. What needs reinforcement with additional power compared to the original one are :
  • additional attachement point for the wheelie bar so it does not break the gearbox enclosure
  • shocks
  • brace (mainly on the front side, the rear should be just fine
  • 5th shock
  • steering servo attachment reinforcement
That should be enough to close the weakest points of the Lunchbox chassis... Obviously, you may break some front arms, but it is easy to replace...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69151

A mini clodzilla chassis for the lunchy😂
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69169

Lights done, and the Ragga Van is officially finished.

Shot of the neons.  On the far side is power supply and in the middle is an on/off switch.  I need to get some dbl-sided tape for the power supply, and the switch will be mounted in base of chassis the same way the battery on/off is done (ok, so still couple things to do before it's finally all finished).

As the front LED's are non-diffused, I gave them a coat of Molotov Chrome on the tips.  Much like full size car bulbs, the light reflects back into the housing.  And as the Lunchie's pods are already chromed, you then get a nice solid glow.

We has some rocks in our ensuite/laundry (it's a decor decorating thing).....  So "action shot".

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69175

Very nice 👍
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69176

Nice Lunch Box!!! 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69179

That needs a smoke generator :D Seal the cab up apart from the top of the driver window ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69185

That needs a smoke generator :D Seal the cab up apart from the top of the driver window ;)

Haha.....
I originally considered a big leaf decal on the roof, but decided that wasn't child-friendly!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69188

Haha.....
I originally considered a big leaf decal on the roof, but decided that wasn't child-friendly!!!

If anyone asks, just tell them it's a Japanese Maple ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Family builds - 58347 Lunch Box | 58416 Rising Fighter | 58673 Comical Frog 2 years 5 months ago #69315

Ukmonsters are currently selling a carbon wheelie bar among other things for the Lunchbox 
That should do the tric 

www.ukmonsters....index.html
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.