Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Super Avante TD4 - L6 part not being used? What is it? 1 year 6 months ago #72679

Dear Jonny (I figured I could direct my question directly to you, since you are anyhow replying to all of my questions  ),

When sorting through the trees after my TD4 build, I figured that the L6 part was not used. The manual however does not state that it is not used (it's not marked in the greyish color). 
Also I OCR'd the online manual   and could find no mention of the L6 part anywhere.

So I conclude it is not used? 
What could it be for?

Thanks and cheers
MetalMaxx
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Super Avante TD4 - L6 part not being used? What is it? 1 year 6 months ago #72681

I have to read everything (it's in the job description), but I don't have to respond ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: MetalMaxx

Super Avante TD4 - L6 part not being used? What is it? 1 year 6 months ago #72682

of course :-) :-) just kidding. I find it super encouraging to receive an answer everytime, thanks for that.

Super Avante TD4 - L6 part not being used? What is it? 1 year 6 months ago #72683

OK, had a chance to look - there's something about it that said "front body post" to me, but looking at a photo of the L part sprue showed it was tapered, and wedged shaped. 

Does it fit on top of the front gearbox (L1) in place of part B5 (the front body post)? If that's the case, I reckon it was a cost saving measure, like the front body post was going to be plastic base, screw, aluminium turning, but 50 cents for the post + 1c for the screw X 20,000 kits < the cost to add something to the B sprue tooling.

Super Avante TD4 - L6 part not being used? What is it? 1 year 6 months ago #72684

sounds plausible! checked it right away and the parts are interchangeable. No holes for the screws though in L6, but that is probably because they did not use it in the end.

Again, thanks so much. Really appreciate these kind of exchanges.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.