Keyword

TOPIC:

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25222

I finally finished my 58307 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint, there as only one thing that frustrated me, the damned stickers around the windshield that wouldnt stick the right way. But I found some kind of a solution.

Making cuts and put an extra line of stickermaterial on there.

Take a look at my wheel arces, You jealous? :P

That was some time on the Dremel, man!

Now I have to sticker the Alpine.. 80+ stickers :sick:

Cheers,
Feraz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by achmedachmed.

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25225

nice job on the Alfa, I just picked up the M02 version 58187 that I'm looking forward to build. After seeing your's I might just build it this week :D

thanks for the good pics.
The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25227

Fantastic work patience is the key with those decal jobs that and some good music the dark side of the moon or pulse would do nicely :)

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25229

I found the decals on the Alfa body very frustrating also,especially the tail lights,snipped all the corners and pressed them down firmly but by the next day everyone had lifted :angry: Come on Tamiya,sort your glue out!

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25234

Very nice work :cheer: Applying decals is my least favourite task :pinch: I have builders hands :laugh: So I well impressed with your work ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25235

:) had the same matter for the rear lights on my alfa, but it's worse with the alpine ones :whistle: . If you can make them by painting it is better. The stickers are made to be used with leds ;) they are semi transparents.

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25560

I finished the Alpine, very strange is the fact that it is not so hard to sticker (80+ pieces) compared to the Giulia Sprint of which the stickers around the tail-lights and windshield wont stick well.

I did replace one sticker, you may search for it :P. I didnt piant some of the headlights ''clear yellow'' because a lot of these alpine a110's didnt have it either.

A lot of parts for a polycarbonate body

And ofcourse on the shelf! ;). Time to get the pajero ready for paint. (than the Scorcher, Celica LB Turbo and Rough Rider.

Cheers,
Feraz

Last edit: by achmedachmed.

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25564

:) Nice, I had more matter for the alpine than the giulia for the rear lights stickers. But For me (I work for Renault(ZE)) Your wheeles colored locknuts aren'tvery pretty for the berlinette. You have here a rallye legend car :woohoo: :y:

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25574

Very nice mate :y: great patience you have for these body details :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

M06 build for my VINTAGE Alpine A110 10 years 6 months ago #25586

Nice to work at a car factory like Renault :), I am in my second month without a job :cry: But this did gave me time to finish some of my projects.

Andy, I have also builders hands, I am almost finished making a beech ''Rietveld'' chair.

For placing the stickers on the right spot I use a hobbyknife or a litte screwdriver. I am more happy whit it than buying a XB Alpine. Just a lesson for the next time, dont cut the curved stickers too close to the lines, leave more transparant material since it helps to increase the surface on to which it must stay. for example the windshields and rear lights.

at last some questions I have.

1)I read somewhere that for early m-chassis cars, one time there were some UNDERCOWLS available.. :blink:

2)Are there still tamiya cockpits for sale?? looks nice in rallycars. But were thay made for the m-chassis or other chassis types?

3)To make door lines (hood lines etc when using light bodycolours) which ones do you guys or tamiya recomends?

greetings,
Feraz

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.