Keyword

TOPIC:

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55809

Oh!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55880

The 1mm wire rope I bought is very flexible, but as soon as you take the tension off it has a bad habit of throwing itself off the reel ... my paln is to fit a C shaped guard around 270 degrees of the reel, make the cover/boxing in demountable without tools (so using magnets), make a hole in the underside of the reel, make a peg for manual winding, and fix some sort of holder for that (like an assymetric round fuse holder I guess)...

I should be dealing with that and/or with the rear lights, but TBH I felt like making my own amber beacons so started on that: 1/2" clear acrylic rod & 5mm flashing orange LEDs:

Rod cut into chunks, faced both ends, one end counterbored for the LED, Unimat makes taper turning very easy:

Parts after polishing ... still a long way to go from here :)

Attachments:

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55882

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
That’s impressive.
Great work Jonny.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55883

I'm intimidated by people who can actually do stuff.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55889

Anti-fling spring made from a strip of steel coffee can:

Last bits of boxing in underside of chassis:

Front bumper:

:)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55890

Wanted to make some rear light lenses yesterday, so obviously the remainder of the 15mm rod was nowhere to be found ... spend in total 90 minutes looking for it , gave up this morning and ordered a fresh bit.

Just found the "lost" bit in a really obvious place that was impossible to miss :whistle:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55891

Wanted to make some rear light lenses yesterday, so obviously the reaminder of the 15mm rod was nowhere to be found ... spend in total 90 minutes looking for it , gave up this morning and ordered a fresh bit.

Just found the "lost" bit in a really obvious place that was impossible to miss :whistle:

This story is so painful and yet so familiar.

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55906

made bases for the beacons, plus similar (only shallow domed shape & with space for 3mm LEDs) for rear end of chassis:

:)
Attachments:

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 9 months ago #55908

Speed control in the Unimat had suffered after the last problem :( so I'd been running the motor at full speed with only the pulley available for changing speed ... 5.58 GPBs worth of new one arrived today :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

8x4 MAZ/MA3 535A from Lunchkins 4 years 8 months ago #56035

Got distracted from this, so not much progress ... plan is to make the top deck of the chassis demountable, first step in that is making support spines. I made a template/bracket for each end, so theoretically the holes are in the same place so each of the 16 is fully interchangeable ...

IIRC correctly this sort of engine sound module had a low revving option :)

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.