Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help: Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57162

I need to know the exact dimensions of the rear dogbones for the original Avante buggy.

PLEASE help me if you can. I have had a incomplete Avante car for five years and I am still missing those :cry:

I plan to check prices locally to get them done in steel so I can finally get the car running.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help: Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57163

Is there any reason to believe the length is different on the re-re?

Help: Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57195

Is there any reason to believe the length is different on the re-re?

I already got the re-res. And paid for them half the price of the car! Sadly, a friend lost them and now I have nothing. :(

Then I got a set from a Belgian seller on the infamous UK based Tam-Club with the help of a Dutch friend. The seller sent a set that wasn't really for the Avante, and did not wanted to return the money. Careful if you deal with Alexkidd.

Anyway, in the situation I am in now I can not waste any more $$ in this stupid build. So my last resort is making steel sleeves to use the set the TC a/h sent, otherwise the car will never run. :cry:
A guy that works with metals for 1:1 cars will help with this idea:

Fortunately, a kind guy on the other website shared the dimensions for the original dogbones. I'll leave them here if there is anybody in need of the information.

58mm pin to pin
63.6mm overall

You all have a good Tuesday! :y:

Help: Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57197

I made my own drirveshafts many moons ago on one of my first scale builds.

I used hard 3/16 brakeline to extend them and it was a press fit.
Also soldered the ends.

When think of it I may still have that driveshaft somewhere.

BTW: the HPI 08061 fogbone should work.
The following user(s) Liked this: mongoose1983

Last edit: by caprinut.

Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57198

the HPI 08061 fogbone should work.

I wish I knew that before throwing away my money in these parts + huge shipping costs! :cry:

Also, HPI parts seems to be of much better quality than Tamiya's so that would have been better than good for my purpose. Although, yeah, being the original 1988 car I would have loved it to be 100% Tamiya.

Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57200

Wow. I have already eared alexkidd name.... not always in good things
The following user(s) Liked this: mongoose1983

Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57201

Wow. I have already eared alexkidd name.... not always in good things

Yes Flo, careful if you deal with him.

And you know it is truly a shame because in this hobby we always need parts and the only way for people to achieve their goals building or restoring old Tamiya or Kyosho cars is trusting different people in different countries.

Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 4 months ago #57202

Yup. I am admin in a fb group wich have laws. No spéculation nor robbery. Only help like here on tamiyabase

Help: Avante rear dogbone length 4 years 2 months ago #58080

In case there is anybody trying to find dogbones for the Avante or Vanquish buggies you can find super cheap HSP parts on eBay that fit the rear axle alright.

Here's some pictures of my car and the HSP dogbones in. I built it all quickly, so I will have to rebuild it all again later to install electronics and the motor pinion so I can finally run the buggy.

Here's the link to the sale and a picture of the dogbones: www.ebay.com/it...2727270438

So here it is the Avante on its way to hit the dirt... hopefully not long from today :)

Some pictures of the dogbones in place:

I really like them, they don't feel cheap. The only thing I can mention by now is I think the pins are a bit shorter than the ones in the original halfshafts.

You all have a fantastic Thursday! :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.