Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60923

Missing screw on the primary geartrain cover doesn't auger well, but running a screw through from behind seemed to clear the threads nicely.

Middle gear is a pinion instead of the correct idler, but I might just machine if to hold little bearings

Tamiya didn't do us any favours including threadlock in early kits, I think every one of these chassis' I've had has had stripped heads, some of which need drilling out:

Head drilled off ok, but the drill bit wandered when starting on the thread. I'll try again in the lathe :)

Missing top hat on one side of the rear suspension, so I'll have to make a pair from aluminium...

Still have the differential housing to go ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60924

Wahoo. Great work Jonny. Always this nice precision.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60926

the resto right Jonny Retro did u put all steel ball bearings in?
very nice job on the body
i got a lot of parts for the willy willy m38

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60931

Definitely - bearings are so much cheaper & more available than they ever used to be, I put metal bearings in everthing :)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60938

thanks what bearing did u use for H2
wild willy m38 lwb

Last edit: by spannerman3.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60939

thanks what bearing did u use for H2
wild willy m38 lwb

MF85 (5x8x2.5mm flanged).

:)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60956

i used the same bearing
but in the gear box u have to use a washer in behind the bearing because it a little shorter then the brass bush bearing
Attachments:

Last edit: by spannerman3.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60962

Enough grease here to lube the first 100...

Made one nice but innacurate top hat, plus one accurate but chewwd up :whistle:

Thread in end of greabox spacer was suspect so put an insert in:

Various thicknesses of pinseal embossed ABS sheet for replacement splitter:

Envelope from RCBearings.co.uk arrived in just under 24 hours :) (I already had the other bearings so no need for a full kit)

Printed mech box lid was rougher than I thought:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60966

The diff looks like the cw01 one. (I always over grease my transmissions).

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 3 years 9 months ago #60968

hi i got a few parts left over for the wild willy m38
some used mostly new to mint stuff

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.