Keyword

TOPIC:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 7 months ago #12758

That'll be me then :) Cheers Jon for a wonderful looking Willy. The work gone into this is staggering and I'm really over the moon with it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 6 months ago #13059

uh oh, shouldn't have looked at the bay

more parts on its way

:blush:
The following user(s) Liked this: mon

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19514

I need some parts for a forthcoming Willy's Wheeler project ... some of these are shared AFAIK with the Wild Willy so may be findable with patience, others are going to be a lot more difficult or rediculously expensive, so I'd be grateful if anyone could give me information on dimensions/post pics so I can make my own :)

First off, the difficult bits:

T2 - bumper holder

I'm hoping to make my own, jsut without all the wibbly bits so need dimensions for this...

A7 - rear roll loop/chassis body mount

Again, I'll probably try & make something functionally equivalent, so need dimensions/angles...

B2 - headlamp lenses

IIRC these were lightly tinted, sloped and concave - an extreme closeup photo would really help

A1 - steering wheel

Less problematic, can any one confirm or refute that it's the same as the Wild Willy or modern stupid wheelie bus one?

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19515

On to the "easier" bits:

"Switch Stay" (servo mount plate)

I know eddrick made one of these, but it's beyond my ability ... if anyone has one that would be great (I can look at eBay as well as the next man ;) )

"Resistor Plate"

Again, shared with the M38 AFAIK - but mine's smashed to badword to a pic or part would be a big help ...

K8 (steering servo horn widget)

I think I'd just make a replacement for this - can anyone confirm/improve upon my guesswork dimensions? M2 thread, 3mm OD, 4mm long?

I would also appreciate any info on bearing sizes (the gearbox ones) too.

Attachments:

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19521

I have a wheeler lying around in bits and pieces so I could give you an answer tonight on most of the parts. I might have a spare servo mount and resistor plate too.

k8 measurments should be correct but can check on those. (i could use a couple of those btw.)

And I got this :woohoo: you are not the first to replicate that one.

got one missing lamplens on my second wheeler and am looking for replacment no luck sofar with Tamiya parts (lunchbox, bruiser, srb all different size)

I got an leftover A7 so that could go with the servo and res.plate.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19527

Thanks waterbok - that would be outstanding :y: :)

Dimensions of your mystery bumper block would be useful - I'm thinking I'll end up with something quite similar in styrene ...

I may have some M38 bits to offer in trade, but TBH that will be a while off - I won't be doing too much on this until I've finished several other projects that are in bits (at least the Wheeler is fairly tidily packed away ATM), then I want to see if there's anything I can do to improve my own M38 before I move stuff on ... best I can really do is offer you first dibs...

TBH the Wheeler may well move up the queue - I've being trying to put my Thunder Dragon together for about 3 days now, but even though it's looking quite tidy, I get bored after putting a couple of screws in...

I'm also going to have a go at making my own headlamp lenses once I can get a better idea of what they are meant to look like (probably carved & polished from solid rod) - if you can live with them not being original & needing to be bolted on, it's only twice as much work for me to make 4 as 2 ;)

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19530

Hi JR,

I could take the front part off my WW, measure it and send the measurements to you if you want !
Just keep me informed.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19531

Hi JR,

I could take the front part off my WW, measure it and send the measurements to you if you want !
Just keep me informed.

Yep and after you finished measuring you can send it to me,saves the trouble of putting it back on ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19557

A7 - rear roll loop/chassis body mount
do you have the driver otherwise get the one from the new jimny/VW T2 its on the sprue

B2 - headlamp lenses
cant find it :cry: :cry:

A1 - steering wheel
yes is the same as from wheelie bus and the Jimny, the sprue also comes with the rear roll loop (without the metal insert :-( ) They other steeringwheel is from the M38

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by waterbok.

My Wild Willy/Willy's Wheeler/Honda City Turbo Builds 11 years 1 month ago #19558

T2 - bumper holder

"Switch Stay" (servo mount plate)
"Resistor Plate"

got them both

K8 (steering servo horn widget)

outs.dia. 3mm, length 3mm, and M2 tapped

I would also appreciate any info on bearing sizes (the gearbox ones) too.

some standard 1150, the flanged ID5, OD8 Height4 and flange OD 10 and T1, and the small ones ID3 OD7 H3
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Last edit: by waterbok.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.