Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70027

Hi everyone, and happy new year!

My next build is going to be the Wild One. I'm not really a fan of the pre painted body, neither the stickers forcing fake sponsors, so I'll do at my own sauce. This morning, I gather all the parts together in the box to make sure I have everything to start

Ingredients
  • Vinyls, as I need to do something different and non box art :)
  • Cheap light buckets less toyish
  • Led kit
  • TBLE-02S and Lipo Alarm, set for Bruhsless
  • Brushless blue can 13.5T motor
  • ball bearings
  • Wires and bullet connectors the motor
  • Other things not present on the picture : 3D printed led rear attachement, license plate, connectors for leds on the body shell

It will probably take some time but I will detail this build as much as my previous ones, and this will happen over the next few days/weeks.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70030

Looking forward to seeing the build with the differences.
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70033

Looking forward to this build Marc!!! 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70034

Ahahhhh now you can open the box😁😁
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70036

Following some mentions of a potential washer issue in the gearbox on another forum, I had a look at the gearbox in the instruction manual, there is only one washer. 

There was a change in the gearbox between the original FAV/Wild One and re-release quite similar to other kits such as the frog to change the dogbones for some that won't pop out (original ones where hex balls). 

I also note that all bearing kits I saw were mentioning 3 850 bearings, but I believe only 2 are required for the counter gear, and that replacing the metal bearing next to the big bevel gear on the right side doesn't make any sense to my understanding, unless something escape my mind due to remains of yesterdays consumption :)

Any case it is step 18 and metal parts bag B, so probably not this week I'll get into this step :)

In the meantime, the work started by high resolution scan of the stickers page, and I'm working in Silhouette Studio to prepare the vinyl work.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70037

Been a long time since I built one of those gearboxes, but that 3rd 850 looks like it's just being used as a spacer, in which case an upgrade from a bonze bearing to a ballrace is pointless, and may well be counterproductive.

What's the issue with the washer? I could see that if it doesn't take up enough slop, you'd have the ORV expanding diff. problem all over again :( 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70038

I don't know yet... It was mentioned by someone on rc10talk, which push me to do some search... It may not be an issue at the end...
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70039

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

I also note that all bearing kits I saw were mentioning 3 850 bearings, but I believe only 2 are required for the counter gear, and that replacing the metal bearing next to the big bevel gear on the right side doesn't make any sense to my understanding, unless something escape my mind due to remains of yesterdays consumption :)

I think you're right. When I built mine I bought the bearings I needed, and not a kit, and I used 2 850s and the one brass spacer where it's just being used as a spacer. As you said, all of the bearing kits seemed to include 3 850s, I guess just because there are 3 brass bushes to "replace", and they hadn't actually thought through what they're for.

I hadn't heard of any washer issues, and built mine as per the kit (other than bearings). I haven't driven mine a whole lot, but I haven't had any problems with it.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Last edit: by AJB.

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70040

I got more precision on the washer issue mentioned on rc10talk. As per the description, I believe the metal plated finish maybe the culprit for this as it translate in material addition to otherwise perfectly fitting part (left drive cup maybe rubbing against the carter while right drive cup has a gap). I'll pay attention to this when building the gearbox.

@ 1972 LeMansGT Jim , did you noticed anything when building your Wild One on this specific point?

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70041

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Also I guess if people had replaced that 3rd 850 bushing with a bearing, it's always possible that a bearing is a little bit wider than a genuine bushing, and so that could cause a problem?
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.