Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70194

Well, I only saw once in my life a real baja racer, and it was coming straigth from California... It still had its original registration plate, the V8 engine was a big block and was doing a great noise (not to say loud music). There was simple lights, but they dual. I guess fog was not the reason for the dual leds. That being said, a baja racer was most likely generating a lot of sand shadow behind its rear wheels and the visibility probably matter a lot, and dual lights were there probably to make sure that if one failed the second one was still going to work :)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70198

After another printer fail due to  a printer jam again, some cleaning work and a reprint, much better this time...

I finally have something almost acceptable...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70202

That gives it a 50's 60's car back style.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70203

There is multiple options to implement rear led lights on a Wild One... Most are using squared light buckets (like the one on the roof of the Holiday Buggy), but I find them too big for rear lights... The 5 mm led is looking like a round small light and it is going to be perfect size for this (generally, the red light is there only to be seen which is the reason it is smaller than the front ones)....

And for the 50/60's look, well... Maybe, maybe not... I may try to do something else, but if the side light panel did work technically, I wanted to do something different, and definitely, both single or dual led versions looked like an added parts. With this one it is less the case. And with a bit of primer and some paint, and it may pass as a Tamiya part.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70204

Marc, I have a Sunlu filament heater which I stick the reel in for several hours at 55°c you can go to 65°/70° in the oven for a few hours. 
Regards

Lee

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70205

Thanks Lee,
The last print was much better, and the dryer helps (I have the same).
That being said, I believe I have another issue: after a few hours of print, the nozzle is systematically full of PETG. I suspect a bit of over extrusion, and I tried to sort that out, but I'm not yet there... I still get inconsistent results: it's ok to validate a part before adding it into a online 3D printed box, but it's not for a final part.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70231

The work has restarted...
Quick question Tamiya ESC's colored cable and motor phase (A,B, C) which one correspond to what?

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70232

Blue, Yellow, Orange = ABC, IIRC :)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70236

Thanks Jonny! I did this assumption, and tried, and it works, as long as a sensor cable is connected...

I finally went back on doing something on the Wild One today... It was mainly about electronics.

First, I prepared the servo.

It's one which is way overkill, but since I have those one in the boxes, the wild one is one of the car that allows to use it because of the room allowed for it. So it is going there.

Then it was time to put cables on the motor, and to take care of the lights... (Note: I thought I had a 270mm sensor cable at home and it was not the case (it may have been used in the Turbo Scorpion), the one remaining was a 200 mm, so it won't work. I order a 250mm which should be long enough for this). Since it is a TBLE-02S ESC at the moment (I did not set the XT60 connector on it as I may change the ESC later on), I put as well a lipo alarm in the tub. Then it was time to add the lights... The tub may have a lot of room, but it is really quickly becoming a mess :-D.

After some time, I found proper way to pass the cables, and added the last connector for the led that goes on the body shell...

A bit of preview:

Lot of work remain to do, but at least, I won't touch the soldering iron for next stage (until I'm decided about the ESC).
What is left to do for next stage:
- get the lights reflector painted (liquid chrome molotow paint inside)
- paint the driver head, and finish the helmet
- take care of the twelve fingers hands on the driver body :-)
- install the side number plate, the windows net, and the main colors (vinyls)
- install the led buckets on the body shell
- install a proper sensor cable (there is none at the moment - so the car can't run)

I may do part of this tomorrow, but surely not everything...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001, Ducksnuts

Tamiya 58695 Wild One Blockhead Motorsport at SilverTriple's sauce :) 2 years 3 months ago #70237

This I like a lot, Nice work 😊

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.